Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Strange noises!

I posted a topic at the weekend about my lo's squealing but this week she's started to make some weird noises.

She keeps making a grunting/straining noise as though she's constipated, although she isn't as poos are normal. Her face sometimes goes a bit red too. Another noise she does makes her sound like Ann off Little Britain!!! :lol:

Have no idea why she's suddenly doing these (quite loud) strange noises. I'm hoping she's just experimenting with her voice!

Replies

• Options
    does she do this at night or during the day? my son does this at night in his sleep - it is really loud and sounds like he is constipated or trying to bring something up but when you look at him he is peacefully asleep - it is really annoying!

marie
  • Options
    She does it during the day when very alert.
    She is a quiet baby at night, always has been, just stirs a lot.

I think she must be finding her voice as she is nearly 5 months, they just sound so strange to come from a little baby!!! lol!
  • Options
    harri make sthis straining noise too! i posted on here about it a while ago i dunno why he does it,,,i think it may be teeth pain! its so annoying! his poos are normal too .does she screw her face up at the same time? xx
  • Options
    Kian did it too, I think it's because they are finding their voice.
    xx
  • Options
    Sunnymum - she doesn't screw her face up a lot but she sometimes does pull a bit of a face as if she's concentrating if that makes sense?
    I'm glad I'm not the only one though!
  • Options
    My daughter make a grunting noise if she is frustraited or bored. Could it be that? She found her voice around the same time and loves 'shouting' in the mornings! She also has developed a great 'fake' cough which she thinks is very funny!!!
  • Options
    I think you could be right Jasmin, about the frustration. She does make these noises a lot when she's on her tummy. She kicks her legs a lot as well so don't know if she really wants to move along the floor and gets annoyed because she can't yet!
  • Options
    My ds started doing this! He's gone from squealing to keeping his mouth close and going "mmmmmmmmmmm" then grunting and he's now onto going "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" really loud! Like shouting. People must think I have an uncontrollable child! I was in a cafe the other day when he started doing it! He'd just figured out he could do it so was experimenting - quite loudly! :lol: But I know he's ok cos he has a huge grin on his face like hes really accomplished something xxxx