Forum home Babies Baby

deleted

[Modified by: wannanother on 05 August 2010 22:36:03 ]

Replies

• I have to admit that i'm one of the few who put their LO in their own room from the word go....i think she was about 3days old!! She has been exclusively breastfed and it was never a problem and it was the right choice for all of us as she has aways slept well and never had to adjust when being moved to her own room cos that's all she's ever known. This isn't right for everyone and i was well aware of the WHO recommendations but it was right for us. Just do it when you and baby are ready, they will have to adjust whatever the age x
  • I shall be following the FSID safe sleep advice and have baby in our room for first 6 months. I appreciate that it may be more difficult for others - especially if you have a waking baby and one of you has to go out to work the next day and that some people don't have room for a cot in their room. We have moved our wardrobe into the nursery to make room for the cot and will swap them back when baby moves into their own room. Statistically the majority of babies will be fine in their own room but I shan't be taking a chance.

If you do move baby into their own room early then I would definitely recommend you ensure you follow all of the other FSID advice - especially room tempaerature - most people I know think a room is too cold when in fact it is at ideal temperature and the temptation to overdress baby/bedding is easy especially as their little hands and feet are naturally cold. Get a room thermometer rather than rely on your own judgement.

Ultimately, as a mum, you will need to do what you feel is right.
  • Moved lo into her own room at 4 months cos we were disturbing her in the night as much as we disturbed her.
    Now we get better nights sleep all round but I do check on her, as does oh, during the night when we wake to go to loo etc.

Must read what I type... meant to say we disturbed her as much as she disturbed us but I'm sure you know what I meant!!! Silly baby brain :lol:

[Modified by: ccbmommy on June 29, 2008 03:44 PM]
  • I asked the same question on here not long ago as my lo is almost out of his moses basket and we also dont have room for his cot. He has naps in his room now to get used to it and is likely to move in there for nights within the next 2 weeks.
  • i put my l.o in his own room at about 4 and a half months, i would have liked to keep him in my room in his moses basket but he out-grew it so quickly so i had no other choice. i use monitors and his room is right next door so i can hear him if he wakes up at all.
    he has been sleeping right through the night since before he was 2 months old, so he was fine with the transition.
    xxx