Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying the E.A.S.Y routine

Hey girls

I was going to try this routine before but Rose has Silent Reflux so that made it really hard. Now she is on different milk and seems tons better I thought I would give it ago again and so far so goodimage

She has been up since 4-30am but I kept giving her the dummy which seemed to have worked I then fed her 5 oz's at 7am which she took the whole bottle in one go which she never does and then I got up and had activity time with her from 7-30 till 8-30 and at 8-30 I put her down for her first nap and she has gone right off to sleep image

We are working on a 3 hour feeding E.A.S.Y routine so it will look like this if anybody is interested:

3-hour EASY:

E: 7.00 wake up and feed
A: 7.30 or 7.45 (depending on how long feed takes)
S: 8.30 (1.5hr nap)
Y: your choice
E: 10.00
A: 10.30 or 10.45
S: 11.30 (1.5hr nap)
E: 1.00
A: 1.30 or 1.45
S: 2.30 (1.5hr nap)
E: 4.00 feed
S: 5.00 or 6.00 or somewhere in between a catnap (approx. 40mins) to get baby through the next feed and bath
E: 7.00 (cluster feed at 7 and 9 if going through a growth spurt)
A: bath
S: 7.30 bedtime
Y: the evening is yours
E: 10 or 11pm dreamfeed

K xx

Replies

• Well done Karen! We used the EASY routine as well and it worked a dream for us! Although I have to say that we modified it frequently to fit in with a VERY sleepy baby!

Good luck - hope it continues!

C xx
  • Thanks hun I cannot believe it, I put her down at 8-30am and she is STILL asleep image I looked at the routine thinking there is no way she will sleep for 1.5 hours but she is!!! I will wake her up at 10am if by then she has not woken up and then try the rest of the routine.

If this works it will be so much better for us as I will know when she is due naps and feeding which will make a huge difference to my day

K xx
  • Hi

I am currently reading the Tracey Hogg book and am wanting to try the E.A.S.Y routine on my 6 month old however I am a bit concerned because my LO has 3 naps durin the day 40 mins per nap but Tracey reccomends an hour and half nap which I dont think he will do. Do your LO's sleep through the night now that you have done this?

xx
  • Looks good to me! Its very similar to what we did with Bella, although i didnt know it had a name!
    I'm glad her reflux is better now you've changed her milk, it must make life a lot easier for you!
    PrincessFi, in answer to your question, Bella is also 6 months and won't sleep that long in the morning, so some of that nap time is used for playing or eating, her solids are at different times to her bottles as she gets too full otherwise. Now she's older her routine goes:
    7am up, bottle, washed and dressed
    8-9, playtime
    9, porridge or fruit
    9.30-10, play, or cuddles, whichever we feel like!
    10am sleep (we put her in her cot to sleep during the day, she settles with a cuddle and sleeps longer)
    11am bottle
    11.30-12.30 play
    12.30 lunch (veg or fruit)
    1.00 playtime, on activty mat, plus a walk to shops/park etc
    3pm bottle
    4pm sleep in cot
    4.45-5.30 play
    5.30 dinner
    6pm play
    7pm bed routine starts, bath, massage, story or gentle play (songs etc) then bottle at around 7.45 and bed by 8. She then sleeps all night. she may occasionally wake up but we dont pick her up, just reposition her in cot, no talking just shushing and patting, and she soon goes back off. Hope that helps! xxx
  • Hi girls

Well so far so good she actually was asleep for the whole 1.5 hours which is NEVER does she woke up 10am on the dot I fed her though she only took 3.5 oz's and she normally eats 4 to 5.

I played with her and then at 11-30 I put her down like it said and she went straight off!!! I again have no idea how long she will sleep but OMG how good is that so far so good.

This routine hun is for a younger baby on her web site they actually change it the older the baby gets so you could try looking at that for some idea's. Rose does not sleep through the night she is normally up at 2am and 5am sometimes she has gone through to just 4 but this does not happen a lot.

Just go with the flow I am trying not to get to strict about it but if this works for us it would be wonderful.

K x
  • wow thats great! I was never a great believer in routines until we started one with Bella, and it certainly makes life easier! xx
  • Hi girlies

I'm really glad that this has worked for you and i am going to give it a go.

Lynz_81 your routine sounds great but my LO will only stay awake for 2 hours between each sleep. When he was 2 months old we started putting him to bed at 8 but for the past month he wants to be in bed at 6 even if we allow him to have a 20 min nap at 5 and he cries until u put him in his cot so we go along with it. I am definately going to follow your feeding advice as I normally give him his bottle and then solids straight after.

xx