Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

When did you put your baby in forward facing stroller mode?

Replies

• phoebe is still tiny (8weeks) and is still in the car seat or carrycot in our quinny buzz...

...however, i have just bought a petite star zia and its only forward facing but suitable from birth so she will be using that occaisionally as of this week, she sleeps most of the time anyway so she probably wont be awake to look around haha!x
  • My dd has just grown out of her carrycot part of her pram at 20 weeks so i have moved her to forward facing - but not sitting at 90 degrees! She is also at the stage of trying to pull herself up to sitting so would get really frustrated in the pram mode - plus she couldn't see anything.

I don't like her facing away from me, especially when it is raining, she feels so isolated from me image There is a peep hole to look at her through but i still miss her talking to me. I might look into getting a parent facing pushchair.

Lx
  • My dd has just grown out of her carrycot part of her pram at 20 weeks so i have moved her to forward facing - but not sitting at 90 degrees! She is also at the stage of trying to pull herself up to sitting so would get really frustrated in the pram mode - plus she couldn't see anything.

my duaghter grew out of her carrycot mode of our first pram at 10 weeks old (i think) and there was no way i was using a car seat or putting her forward facing so thats why i bought the rear facing pram and now wish i had known about them when i was first looking for a pram
  • thanks for that monkeynuts. will check it out.
  • What an awful Mummy I am!
    DD is FF, she is weaning (nearly 20 weeks) and she is in a forward facing push chair. Oh and she has been in her cot and own room from about 9 weeks. Dear oh dear that must also mean, I don't talk to her, sing to her, play with her or pay her any attention at all. In fact at home I just leave her to her own devices! :lol:

was that post really necessary? hasnt there been enough sarcasm on this forum recently?
  • My LO is 15 weeks and still faces me. I am also hoping that she can face me as long as poss. - at least until she's 6-7 months old.

She does face forward in the running buggy but she only goes in that once a week and normally goes straight to sleep.
  • Well my son was forward facing since birth! The carset was the only parent facing option for our pram and i didnt like it on the pram so he had no choice than to go forward facing. image xx
  • I did it for the 1st time today. Rhea is 15 weeks & she loved it, loved looking out & round everything. We had to do it really cause she completely fills her pram lengthways & she hates going into it now.

Jayne xx
  • I wish id have had the choice :'(

If I had wanted a double, suitable from birth, that faced me as well as away, had carrycots for when they were newborn as they were so tiny, was s side by side as I didnt want huge arguments when they were older and wasnt in excess of ??800 I wouldve had to design it myself (believe me, we thought about it!)

I have a Nipper 360 as it was the only one that did 80% of the things I wanted from a pram and wasnt hugely expensive. However, it only faces forward. The boys were in Phil and Teds carrycots in the seat unit for approx 3.5 months, when they outgrew them! Then they were forward facing.

Oh, and I actually found the sarcasm post quite funny! Not sure if I was supposed to! lol!
  • Happyflump, I love it image
    xxx
  • removed :roll:

[Modified by: chuffedbaby2 on July 14, 2010 09:21 PM]

• I also love the parent facing pushchairs but for various reasons the pram we brought didnt have this function. I also turned LO FF fairly early as i didnt like her laying flat all the time in her pram mode. I must say though that my LO certainly doesnt lack any interaction from me, i babble to her all day long so she is glad to have a break and have a nose at everyone else when were out and about. At 17 months she has excellent speech and communicating skills so i would say it clearly doesnt matter which way they face.
  • Happy Flump I think you wrote what most of us were thinking.

SleepieBeccie, its good to express your opinion, but surely you need to rethink your approach? You can be very offensive when I am quite you dont mean to be?

Lets not judge one anothers parenting choices. Share views and ideas, but not judge.

Both my little chunks were forward facing from an early stage. I am proud to confirm that they are well developed, balanced, happy children. When we walk we talk about all the things they can see...trees, birds, dogs, cars... great bonding, great learning, great fun.

Can also see the benefits of parent facing too. In response to this post I would say, trust your instincts and be assured that the pushchairs are designed to safely support your child.

• My dd was facing forwards at about 5 months ish and at 21 months old i certainly don't think she has been effected by her not facing me. Her speech is fantastic so that's defiantly not been effected.

Happyflump your post made me laugh :lol: xx
  • Quote :erm, i havent yet! and she is 15 months old. infact she grew out of her last perent facing pushchair so i have just bought another parent facing pram as i belive that for my daughters developement, its the best option. i constantly talk to my daughter whilst we are out and her speach is so developed that people cant belive how young she is.

we have turned her forward facing a few times when we went to the zoo etc but that was only for a few hours.

there is nothing more i detest seeing is parents out with their children and see absolulty no interation between them at all.

just my personal opinion which i'm allowed (better put that disclaimer as i know how this forum can react)

Gees what a lovely response ,i actually like parent facing pushchairs too but im not sure there is a need to make out like anyone who doesnt have one or feel the need for one hasnt got there childs development first and foremost im sure there are pro's to non parent facing ones as well image

let me get one thing straight lisa, where did i say that they havent got their childs develepmental needs first and formost? what i said and i will put the important part in blold block capital letters so you and your friend can understand and correctly quote me on

infact she grew out of her last perent facing pushchair so i have just bought another parent facing pram as i belive that for MY DAUGHTERS DEVELOPMENT, its the best option. i constantly talk to my daughter whilst we are out and her speach is so developed that people cant belive how young she is.

where was that about anyone elses develpoment then?

[Modified by: sleepybeccie on July 12, 2010 11:15 PM]

• really didnt want to see yet another thread turn nasty as someone has a different opinion to others :roll: but there was absolutley nothing wrong with what sleepybeccie said, or even how she said it. she stated clearly that it was her opinion, which is exactly what the op asked for.

personally i am quite tired of those people who choose to do their research, follow advice and do what they think is BEST for their baby are ridiculed while others who choose to do things they wanted against recommendations FOR WHATEVER REASONS get petty and argumentative. parent facing strollers offer more interaction between parent and child. thats clear. the op didnt ask what you did at home when not in the stroler to make up for this. dont be so defensive.

the only think you left off your list happyflunp was whether you chose to formula feed.
  • really didnt want to see yet another thread turn nasty as someone has a different opinion to others :roll: but there was absolutley nothing wrong with what sleepybeccie said, or even how she said it. she stated clearly that it was her opinion, which is exactly what the op asked for.

thank you for saying that :\) right off to pack i go!

• Choosing to FF does not make you a bad Mummy though... I FF for 5 weeks and mix fed for 4 weeks before relactating to EBF for personal reasons and I sure as hell won't have anyone tell me that makes me a bad Mummy.

What a shame a totally innocent question turns into a competition for Most Opinionated Mummy award. Can't we all just accept we each know our own baby best and share our thoughts when asked?

Born in April has lost a much loved member because this forum has become intolerant and bitchy, let's not lose another.

OP my son is currently in his carrycot still and he hates it! He lives the brief time he spends in his car seat facing me and so I think I'll start him off facing me as my pram can do both and at 11 weeks he seems to get stressed if he can't see me, HOWEVER if he starts paying more attention to his surrondings than me I won't hesitate to at least try forward facing and see if it suits him.

Let's keep it friendly ladies...recognise that just because it's our opinion it doesn't make everyone else's wrong.

[Modified by: renri1002 on July 12, 2010 11:33 PM]

• I am a bit worried now that we have a an away facing buggy. Have read that research link and would like to buy a parent facing one instead. Does anyone know any buggys that aren';t the crazy expensive stokke or bugaboo that do this? I've had a look but can;t come up with anything. My little one is nearly 6 months old Thanks. xx:\)
  • Mothercare My3 or My4. New they're around ??400 but we picked ours up off Ebay for ??160 and there's nowt wrong with it. It's pram, forward or backward facing and the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix fits on it without adaptors. Comes with cosy toes and very sturdy raincover. Very good indeed!