Forum home Babies Baby

Rant-selfish people parking in parent spaces!!!!!!!

2»

Replies

• sticking my nose out immensely here...but sleepybeccie...do you know what i DO hate about disabled people?? the "the world owes me something" rubbish that is often spouted.

Do you know what I hate...mothers who think they've the god given right to a M&B space over a disabled person and the 'hard life' act that when they don't a space when a disabled person requires it which results in said mother acting like a child having a tantrum.

No, im pretty sure nobody WANTS to be disabled, but im also pretty sure that people arent personally attacking you about it.....

No no not at all just complaining that they have a hard life when in fact they don't, but hey not to worry because it's not likely that you'd understand what disabled people have to go through day in and day out whether it be the constant stares, the discrimination or just being in agony all the time.

all they are saying is that MAJORITY of the time, there are more than likely far more people with young children and car seats in a car park at any one time than there are disabled!

And people who have disabilities are saying that YOU are an able bodied person without the constant disadvantage of a disability, so that when the disabled spaces are full they are more than entilted to use the M&B spaces.

so the need (in MOST towns...obviously some girls have said on here that where they live is different...but certainly where i live) for SO MANY unused disabled spaces and so few P&C spaces is unnecessary.

Lets get this straight, it's not a NEED it's a WANT to have more M&B spaces, when you as an able bodied adult can do your day to day things without the constant pain and difficulties that face those with disabilities have, it is in no way a 'NEED'
    On the other hand a disabled person does need that extra space whether it be to get their wheelchair out, by the way do you struggle to get your wheelchair out of your car? That to me is a need.
    Or to get their frame out, do you have a frame to help you walk? That is also a need.
    Or to get a disabled 21 year old who has no control over their body, do you not have control over your body which results in having constant care around the clock? That to me is a need not a want like a want for M&B spaces. :roll:

• Apologies to sleepybeccie,
    I have unintentionally answered vintage rose's post that was aimed at you, I just had to as it left a nasty taste in my mouth with regards to the 'needs' of able bodied people :roll:
  • for those mothers on here going on about diabled people try being bloody disabled and see how you like it!!!!!

i am disabled, and by law have every right to park in a mother and baby space. i did before i had my daughter because where i live its hard to get a disabled space.

and the reason why there are more disabled spaces? because its a legal requirement.

i didnt choose to be disabled. did you chose to be a mother???

it always annoys me how whenever someone does this type of topic there are always some mothers who have to be jelous and bring up the amount of disabled bays there are. to be honest its a bit pathetic!

do you know what i do when there are no disabled bays or m&B bays i park in a normal bay, stuggle to get my daugher out of the car, grin and bear the absoult agony i go through just to do that and get on with it and not complain about it. its quite easy to do, you should try it sometime,

I am not jelous of you, i am fully aware it is a legal requirment and was commenting that it should also be a legal requirement that parent and baby spaces have a certain %, i am sure you are fully aware how difficult it is getting a baby in/out of a car where some driver had parked so close that you can bearly open the door, and i am sure in your postion that is even harder. i was making a point that where i live very few disabled spaced are used and there are very few (6 in one of the major supermarkets) parent and child ones.

This WAS NOT a attack on disabled persay so maybe you need to reread some of the posts??
  • I kind believe P&B spaces are a luxury not a necessity and like most luxuries they get abused by ppl who arent entitled to them. I think able-bodied people parking in disabled is the worst, to be honest, and I do think if you have just the 1 child (like me) then parking in a normal space is no hardship. My ds is older now but when he was in an infant seat never had a problem, if someone parked too close I would just get him out the other side...If I was pregnant and someone parked too close (though never had problem with that either) I think I'd just ask the shop assistant to either reverse it out for me or put the other cars registration over the tannoy, to really embarrass them lmao
  • (no idea if it's legally enforceable or they can just ignore it, but at least it's a start!)

i am sure all carparks have the power to issure tickets just most dont bother! the store my mum works in has a traffic enforcer who tickets anyone that abuses disabled and P & B spaces image
  • Our local sainsburys supposedly fines unauthorised parking in child/disabled spaces ??50 but I have never even seen anyone patrolling out there ...
  • sleepybeccie

I only wrote this post to moan about all the people that are not disabled or with children that use these spaces. i didnt say anything out of order and dont know why you are having a go? i said that i DONT have a problem with disabled people using the p&c spaces!!!!!!!!!