Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bathing not such a little one!!

Hi

My lo is 18 weeks old but he wears size 9-12months! he is now way too big for his bath with a bath support but he is also too heavy for me to support him!
He is fine if i sit him up but its impossible to keep him upright!
Normally when babies are this big they are able to sit up, but coz he is still young he can't do it! So i'm really struggling to bath him at the minute without breaking my back!!
I bath him every night and its too slippery and dangerous for me to get in with him!!

Any ideas????????

Thanks

Replies

• hi tesco direct do a ring seat that they sit in its ??9.99 not sure if its what you are looking for but worth a try hope this helps.
    Linimage

[Modified by: Lin & Lexie on April 27, 2008 11:47 PM]
  • There is also from argos a sling type seat for bigger babies. I had to get this for my boy as he outgrew his support seat by 4 months he was just way too long for it. I found this great as it caters for bigger babies. Heres the link

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0983017/Trail/searchtext>BABY+BATH.htm

Hope this helps
  • hi samanthaj23

ryan is 19 weeks and quite long, for the last fortnight i have just been laying him in the big bath on a rubber non slip mat with an inch or so of water and he loves it. he kicks his arms and legs like a loony. i had a fisherprice seat but he then id have to really fill the bath to keephim warm and covered.the way i do it now is much easier, less fussy and i was scared dropping him and slipping but all is fine.
    i put his towel on my front so when i pick him up i can cuddle him straight up into his towel image

works for us but if u prefer a seat or guard the foam ones are supposed to be good although they hold the water and go mouldy if u dont empty them properly

xx
  • Hi Abby has always been big so we never used a baby bath at all we got a baby shaped sponge from tesco for ??5 she loves the freedom and i know she is safe we sit her up on it and when she wasn't that good at sitting the edges gave her a bit of support like what was said before you only need a wee drop water sometimes we make it deeper so she can splash and "swim"
    fea x
  • Hi

My lo is a big baby too. We have always used the baby shaped sponge (got ours from mothercare) and its great. He still uses it now and he's 9 months but he's obviously too long for it now but i can sit him on it and it doesnt slide around. Ellis prefers to lay in the bath rather than sit so this suits him. xx
  • Hiya,

I went to mothercare yesterday to buy one of the bath seats - like the one in the link for argos, but when i looked at the instructions it said to have no more than an inch of water in the bath?? Joseph loves to splash and the reason I want one is so I dont get soaked hanging over him. Do anyone of you that have one only use this amount of water??

Thanks x
  • thats just cruel!! lol they would be freezing! i prob have about 4 inches!
    I think they are just covering themselves to be honest (legally) but obviously no one would dream of leaving babies alone in the bath so the risk of drowning is zero!!
  • An inch! Ha yeh right! Jayden has half a bath full. With those slings theres no way you could have an inch of water in there. Plus i also get told off how hot my boy has his baths but he cant have it the "normal" temp he screams! What im trying to get as is you do what u think is best. its not like your going to leavbe your baby unattended so you have the bath as full as you like it, atleast then your lo will enjoy it and not get freezing cold!!