Forum home Babies Baby

sleeping on side

My son is 4 months and since working out how to turn over he now does it in his cot and goes to sleep in a very strange position on his side with his head bent right back. I straighten him out then he moves back. Should I keep straightening him or should I just let him sleep how he wants to now he has the option of moving himself?

Replies

• i'd leave him to sleep, he's obviously able to move himself about quite easily so i'm sure if he was uncomfy he'd change position. i'd not worry too much hunxx
  • I would let him go. If he is not comfortable then he would move. Kara has slept on her side a few times but overnight she sleeps on her back.
  • You must have read my mind debbie, I was just about to post the same question. My son is 8 months and has just started sleeping on his side, but after reading your responses I'll not worry.
  • Morgana twists her body to the side and bends her head right back when she sleeps, it looks as uncomfortable as can be but she seems to like it. I think as long as they can easily move around, its fine.
  • Yes my Ben is the same,sleeps on his belly usually or side with head tilted right back!lol seems they all do this...the other night went to check on him and he was on his side with both arms bent right back looked so uncomfortable