Forum home Babies Baby

How to go from 3 - 4 hour routine - advice please ladies

Well toby is 15 weeks today and we had a 3 hour routine pretty sorted then he seemed sorted then we intorduced 1 x baby rice as he was still hungry - i stoped that 2 days ago as he wasnt finishing his bottles any more.

No he is only having 5ox bottles instead of 7 oz so i am thinking that he needs longer between feeds

how do you do your 4 hour routines???

thank you x

Replies

• Hi Summer,
    I have recently moved from 3 to 4 hours with my DD. I was also worried about it, but it turned out to be easier than i imagined.
    She was having 6 7oz bottles a day, but had begun not finish them, and never cried for food - i just fed her every 3 hours.
    So last thursday, I started feeding her every 3 1/2 horus. I had a few tears from her on her afternoon feed, but held out. The next day I started off with 3 1/2 hours, but she didn't cry for food, so I left it until 4 hours when she started to grumble. So on the Sunday I started out feeding her every 4 hours and she was fine. She now finishes all her bottles and only has 5 feeds a day including her dream feed. BTW she is 17 weeks.
    Good luck!