Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

teething woe!

my lo is such a good baby, even though he's teething, he's barely screaming at all, just miserable, whiny and a bit grizzly. oh my heart breaks for him, i wish i could take away the pain, and i know it's going to get worse before it gets better. he's very very sucky at the moment, i was taking him up the stairs the other day and he sucked my arm so much he gave me a hickey!! :lol: his favourite thing is a cold dummy, i have three on rotation, one in fridge, one in sterilser and one in his mouth at the mo! i'm giving him teething gel and lots of cuddles, he doesn't seem to have temperature at the moment, so don't want/need to give him calpol, but what else can i do to help him??????? :cry:

Replies

• i massaged my los gums with my finger when he 1st started teething, then used a baby toothbrush wich he found very soothing, how old is ur lo?
    my lo got really grizzly with it at 7m and i gave him toast wich he enjoyed ( prob the texture on his gums). xx
  • hi.
    have you tried those teething rings that are full of water that you put in the fridge/freezer?
    teething gel never did a thing for my eldest 2 only thing that seemed to work was putting a bit of whiskey on my finger and rubbing it on their gums.
    Also maybe try him with the calpol and see if it helps his grizzlyness, calpol isnt just for fever its a pain killer.
    it is awful when your kids are in pain and you just want to soothe it away for them. i kinda know how they feel atm lol im just getting a wisdom tooth coming through and it hurts like hell.
    Toni x
  • hi i am having the same problem my son is 3.5 months and he is dribbling and miserable the only thing that is easing it is calpol at the moa bottle of cool water helps he chews the teat and the cold water helps i keep one in the fridge. he is also sleeping alot. xx