Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A little personal question..

2»

Replies

• Options
    looks like I'm the only fat lazy porker here :lol:

I was 7 1/2 stone before Ollie, ballooned to 11st 4 at 9 months, then lost the first stone within weeks (Ollie was most of it!)
    I got married when Ollie was 4 1/2 months old, and I wasn't back into my pre preg clothes, but I was only a size bigger. When Ollie was 1 yr old though I had piled it all back on thanks to a post pregnancy craving for ice cream.
    When I got preg with MJ I was about 2 stone heavier than I was pre Ollie, but i lost a stone through morning sickness, and kept that off pretty much until about 7 months, when I again ballooned back up to 11 stone + :\(
    MJ is now just turned 1 year old and I am still up at around 10 1/2 stone. I never lost any of the weight this time around at any point after the birth, and am now a size 16 when i used to be a size 8 (pre Ollie) image

I have just started a gp assisted slimfast routine with appetite suppressants as I m eating far too much for my size (I'm 5ft tall and look like an apple - no kidding!). I am hoping I can get back to about 81/2 stone before we go to tenerife in Sept. so thats 2 stone to lose....

I am soooo sooooooooo jealous of all you pretty mums who spring back into shape straightaway - but it was never going to happen like that for me as I had 2 c/s and a huge rectus diastasis, which basically mean my stomach muscles are shot.

So, in conclusion, the best time for us to get married was around 4-5 months after Ollie's birth as that is the only time since getting preg with Ollie I've been anywhere near my pre preg weight!

Good luck with the TTC image

xxx
  • Options
    Hi hun, i put on just over 2 stone lost hlaf within days of birth but then christmas came!!!! so put half a stone back which put me at 1 and a half stone over pre preg weight. I have lost all but 7 pounds however i have found its not so much the amount of weight i am still carrying but where i am carrying it and its all belly. I ccarried high and didnt really put weight on bum thighs etc but everything that is left is on my tummy meaning i am still a size 14 despite previously being in a 12 at this weight. DS is 6 months old now xx
  • Options
    I was a size 6/8 before pg and put on 3 stone during pregnancy and had a boy at 5lb 7oz!!

I lost quite a bit virtually straight away but couldn't get any size 10 trousers done up for a while, but now lo is 2 1/2 I am back to a comfortable size 10 (will never be an 8 again!!) but I had a c sec so stomach muscles are s**t!!! which I hate.

My whole body shape seems to have changed tho, my body seems longer and i'm bigger round the rib cage too
  • Options
    I was a size 10/12 weighing 9.5 stone when I got pregnant (which was 1/2 stone over my normal weight but I indulged abut after I got married!!)

I put on 3.5/4 stone with my DD who's now almost 6 months.
    I've got 10lbs left to lose which doesn't seem to shift, I walk 3 miles every day aswell as running after my active baby! I eat well too!
    It's my belly that's the worst and I can only describe it as a jelly belly. Everywhere else I'm pretty much ok but just this horrid belly - but then it was stretched beyond all recognition just a few months ago :lol:

Everyone's different though but I couldn't start exercising until she was 3 months as I've suffered a horrid birth recovery.
    xx
  • Options
    I am petite only 5ft1 and was 7 stone 3. I put on 2 and a half pound went up to 9 stone 6, lost most of it straight away, don't know if that was due to the c-sec I had. I am bf so got back down to about 7 stone 8 within about 2 weeks, did nothing to help it.