Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

3 carseats?

Hello everyone

How do I fit 3 carseats in my car?

Scarlett starts school in September and I'm taking her and her friend to school in the morning and her friends mum is picking them both up when they finish, Tabitha will be with me but how will I get them all in the car?

I have a VW Polo its the new shape and I have 3 full 3 point seatbelts in the back but between the 2 kids now there isn't room for another car seat. Will I fit a 9mth+ and 2 booster seats in the back or is there another way I can do it?

xxxx

Replies

• Personally if you cant fit 3 seats in the back, id put two in the back and one in the front, with the airbag turned of and the seat as far back as it will go

xxDBxx
  • Thank you both.

Which one do I put in the front though?

Dont want Tabitha in the front cause her carseat is fixed and Sacrlett will go mad if she's not sat next to her friend.

My sister has just suggested I go to Halfords and see if there is any way I can do it.

No wonder there are so many people carriers about.

xxxxxx

• I have three with car seats in the back and the way we managed is we put our eldest with just the booster seat part (under bum bit), and took off the back rest bit. I found it would squish into the space between the two other car seats. I believe from three years old you don't have to have the five point harness.

I have had a look at argos and unfortunately it does say 4 years old on the booster seats so I am not sure if that is appropriate for you but if Tabitha or Scarlett are 4 years old a booster seat might be the way to go.

xx

• I agree with Hedgie. Our eldest is 4 and we have to put her on half her seat in the middle and just squish the other two seats around her. It's not ideal but we are currently looking for a 7 seater as it drives me mad having them all squashed up!! When I'm on my own I put my eldest in the front with me (no airbag).
    Sadly most cars just aren't designed to have 3 car seats in the back all nxt to each other ;( x x x x
  • hi i manage 3 in the back - 2 high back boosters and a car seat but try just the booster seat part if its easier. maybe try the baby seat in the middle?
    also booster seat are recomended for 4 years up but this is guidance only - to be precise i think they are done on height and/or weight ? so i agree it may be worth getting some advice online or from halfords.
  • Ah thankyou everyone

Scarlett will be 4 by then and so will her friend so they can go in booster seats and Tabitha will be 10/11 months so she'll be in a fixed car seat.

Right off shopping to halfords this weekend then!

xxxxxxx