Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

being driven mad by leaky bottles!

i bought two asda little angels bottles which leaked at the rim, like the teats didnt fit properly. bought new teats, then an avent bottle which does tnhe same thing. baby soaked by the time baby done! any tips/advice?? what bottle do u use?

Replies

• Options
    maddening isnt it.
    i think i have seen a few people commenting on here abouot leaky advent bottles.. i have certainley found then to leak.
    i use those slim winnie the pooh bottles that boots do, they come in a 3 pack. i used them with my last child 2 (not exactly the same bottles obviously) and i have never had a problem with them.
  • Options
    ta! might try those then
  • Options
    I had this happen today and my babg was soaked through and LO had no milk left!! i wanted to scrrrrreeeeammmmmm!

Having said that, i use tommee tippee bottles (the closer to nature ones) and if u r careful to screw the tops on properly i find they do not leak during the feed, just dont do what i did and notscrew the tops on properly and check its securley on b4 u leave the house. (i left in a bit of a rush this morning!! regretted it later lol!)

Hannah xx
  • Options
    i found both the tt ctn bottles and th eavent bottle leaked. i used tesco own or tt nuby bottle found these both quite goodxx
  • Options
    I find that the avent bottles leak unless I do them up really tightly. I only have one leaky one at the moment and so I'm just putting up with it.
  • Options
    I use avent bottles and have never had a problem with them leaking. Hope you get sorted soon curlyclaire. x
  • Options
    Hello, I have the same proplem with avent bottles I make sure the rim is dry and then make sure the top is on really tight, that seems to solve the problem xx
  • Options
    for avent bottles, make sure the teat is really pulled up inside the screw on bit - then screw this onto the bottle quite tightly to get a good seal. If it stills leaks after that, then its shit & should be chucked!. lol
  • Options
    Same her, the tt and also nuk seem to leak. I thought it was the teats, but end up buying new ones every two weeks and this doesn't always help.
  • Options
    I know it's so annoying especially when you end up forking out so much money to try new bottles & teats, not exactly reasonably prced for Avent bottles etc.

We had exact same problem we now have to really screw tops on tight and sometimes they still leak and we end up undoing them & tightening up a few times before we finally get it right!! Not a good thing when you're baby is hungry