Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

13 wks and draining 8oz? anyone lese the same?

hi lo is 13wks and now finishes off 8oz at each feed, i know theyre all different but wondered how this compares withother lo's at this age.

he has 6 bottles per 24hrs:, he has a long morning sleep and lasts 5 hrs in between then but apart from that its 3 hrs apart during day...he is now lasting 7 hrs at night (10pm-5am so thats great)

5am
9am
2pm
5pm
8pm
10pm

is he maybe just taking less feeds so making up for it with bigger bottles? he used to need fed every single 3 hours bang on, even thru the night.

[Modified by: lauragcam on 30 August 2008 17:46:09 ]

Replies

• Hi, Gabe was having 8oz at that age but only 4 bottles. What milk is he on? You could try hungry baby milk. But really it doesnt matter how much he has - they take what they need xx
  • hi thanks hes on aptamil first milk, i asked hv about changing to hungry baby and she said he was too young, but ill speak to her again on wed. its not a prob to me but i was always told not to give him more than 6oz? anyone else been told this?
  • I changed my lo to hungry baby (cow and gate) at 6 weeks old and he's never had a problem. I would try it!

There's no reason not to give him more than 6oz. Just give him what he wants! HVs talk rubbish sometimes.