Forum home Babies Baby

CAN'T GET THE EVENING RIGHT FOR LITTLE ONE

Hi moms, my little one has first feed at 7.45am then has a sleep 10-12 feed at 12, lunch time, then a sleep in afternoon around 3 till 4 feed at 4 then he usually has his last feed at 7pm, however its a real struggle to keep him happy as he just gets so tired around 6 ish, and sometimes he ends up to tired & upset he won't have his bottle, so then i usually let him sleep for an hour in his cot then go up and feed him about 8, but i am wondering should i be letting him sleep longer in the afternoon, i have tried letting him have a sleep 2.30 till 4 but he is still the same come 6pm, we have tried all sorts of different things but none working, it seems after approx 2 hrs little one needs a sleep, but how are you supposed to keep him awake from his 4 o clock tea time feed till 7pm, i am very lucky in that he sleeps great at night through till 7.30 am, have also tried letting him have half an hour late afternoon but that hasn;t worked either, any suggestions. thanks xx

Replies

• hi mumtomya, thanks for your reply, my little one is only 4 & 1/2 months, i have just started weaning, though, good luck with trying your method out hope it works for you x
  • Do You bath your little one at night? My little girl (nearly six months) is usually tired and grumpy by 6.30 so she has her bath then. She loves the bath so that puts her in a good mood for her last feed and then she goes to bed between 7 and 7.30, I normally have to feed her once at about 4am, but she is breastfed. We started weaning about two weeks ago and she is showing signs of sleeping through now!! Kerry