Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

weaning

Hello everyone

Just wondered when everyone started weaning their LO. I have quite a hungry baby who is 15 weeks old. I know you're not supposed to start until they're 6 months and I didn't really want to but grandparents and other friends relatives say they started their children earlier than this, general advice seems to be give a very small spoon of baby rice??

just wondered what other people have done or plan to do.

Replies

• Options
    Are you bf? if so then weaning before 6 months is not advised because it interferes with their weight gain, according to the nct. It should be fine for a bottle fed baby. my lo is 16 weeks and we have been giving him baby rice for a week. Most of the baby rice we give him ends up on his bib cos he's really bad at using a spoon!
  • Options
    No he's bottle fed. Been on the nugry baby milk for nearly a month now and still eats for England!
  • Options
    Does he watch you enviously when you eat? My lo does, and that's why we decided to start on the baby rice.
  • Options
    millie is 4months 2day and has been on baby rice just on a morning for the past 3 weeks, advised to by hv, and to day she has been having mashed carrots for her tea and totally love em also advised by hv,
  • Options
    Hi i started weaning Grace at 12 weeks started on baby rice.we're now on to orange mush (she's coming up to 6 months) i was bf at the time when i decided to wean her onto solids as she was a very hungry baby it didn't seem to alter her wt on the charts she stayed on the centile line she's always been on.Am thinking of adding chicken next week to the orange mush!
  • Options
    Yeah he does watch, like he's thinking why can't i have any of what you've got!!
  • Options
    that's a classic sign of needing to wean. Some babies need to earlier than others. Good luck with it!!
  • Options
    I was going to say same i was eating a donut the other day & thought lo was going to rip it out of my hand.she then gave me a dirty look when i finished it lol