Forum home Babies Baby

Exciting day today

and no its not because of snow coz we've not had any of the promised stuff last night and the sun is out shining brightly so it looks like we wont get any today either....

its because the architect is coming round this afternoon!!!! image

Our house is on a very large plot of land, with more than enough room to build another house on it. In order to consider moving to somewhere big enough with a half decent patch of land - everything else we've looked at that we can afford at the moment either has no garden or a yard which we couldnt do after having this much land to grow stuff on... - we've looked into the possibilities of getting planning permission for part of our garden.... our local estate agent is so far being fantastic and we've got to the point of having possible plans drawn up ready to go to the planning application stage, completely free.....

and today the architect is coming round with the drawings of what we can put on the land - but he's very confident he can get a three bed detached house with a built in garage on the land easy enough....
I cant wait to see what he's done, even if we're not actually planning on building it/living in it ourselves, but if its the right house, we might even think about having it ourselves and moving across a little - we'd still have a plot of land that equals anything we've seen so far....

and if we decide to get the permission (still a long way off though) it would add at least ??70k - so we're told as land with permission round here is rare - to the value of our house, so we can finally start looking at something with a bit of land and our desperately needed three bedrooms (or even four...?)

might seem like something very little to get excited about but I am anyway image

xxx

Replies

• That is exciting - a friend of mine is doing something similar at the moment but they'e being filmed for Grand Designs on C4, so goodness only knows what they've got up their sleeves! It sounds really exciting and promising for you though, a win win situation x
  • I keep teasing OH he should contact them, but it;d be nowt special....
    we've still got to actually get permission for it as well, but the architect and the agent both cant see any real reason why it wouldnt be granted...

I've never done anything like this before.... OH keeps laughing at me coz he used to be a builder and has done this loads of times. image
    xx