Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

leaving your child

can anyone help!

im having real problems with leaving little evie 5m, with family. every time i leave her at thier house she just screams the place down, left her there last night for a couple of hours and she cried to whole time she was so upset that she wouldnt even take her bottle which is very unlike her!
i take her there alot as they olny live down the road, to try to get her used to them and shes fine when im there, but im getting worried as i gotta go back to work next month and they are looking after her.
is this normal??? anyone had the same experience?? any tips???

xxxx

Replies

• I haven't had this prob but have you tried when your round there just being in another room so she can't see you to begin with while someone else looks after her. Just an idea but at least you can reassure her you come back by popping back in every so often, then make the periods longer gradually.

Just an idea, Hope this helps

xxx
  • Have you been told that she screams while you aren't there? edenhas been going through a clingy stage with me and when i am thee if anyone else holds her she cries but as soon as i am not there she is fine!
    If she is screaming all the time have you tried sleeping with a comfort blanket then giving her that to cuddle when you are not there, just an idea,Good Luck x
  • hi becky, when i read ur mesg i thought that i have left her to go to other rooms for a while, but thinking about it maybe i havent for that long so, i may make a point of doing it as much as poss see how long i can leave her so thanks for the adv .xxx
  • thanks for reply eden, yeah ive been told that she screams as soon as i go, i leave her with her blanket and toys but that hasnt made any diff.. its really getting me down this xxx