Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BF baby having formula in cereal and poo!

Hi ladies

Lyvi is still BF but HV advised us to use Aptamil cartons on her cereal and in cooking instead of cows milk as it has a better vitamin content. Anyway, she had some for the first time today on her cereal and about 2 - 2 1/2 hours later she had quite a runny poo.

I'm guessing it's just a bit more heavy on her digestive system as she's used to BM but was wondering if you think she'll get used to it?

Thanks, NN xx

Replies

• Hi,

Obviously you know I'm not BF, so hope my thoughts are relevant.

I do think she'll get used to the formula, obviously each time you're not giving huge amounts. So I just think her digestive system needs a little time to adjust. xx
  • Yes, her tummy should get used to it, but be warned, her poos will never be the same again! I genuinely miss BF poo - haha, can't believe I miss poo - formula and weaning poo is revolting. If she seems well in herself I wouldn't worry about odd poo for the moment. xx
  • I FF with Aptamil, and it produces really runny poos - everyone I've asked who also uses Aptamil says the same thing, so I wouldn't worry if I were you. xx