Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Funniest thing you've done when sleep deprived?

2»

Replies

• When I was pg I couldn't work out why the hoover wouldn't work. I was about to pull the plug apart to change the fuse when I realised I hadn't pluged it in, Lol

I often do things like putting washing in but not turning the machine on.

I drink tea and oh drinks coffee. I have often made both in the one cup, LoL.

Kerry, Freya and Bump
    X X X
  • lol....not had our baby yet, but i actually tried to drive the car with no keys in the ignition the other week, i was changing gears, accelerating, testing the breaks, steering and handbreak totally confused as to why the car wouldnt go anywhere.....then my OH passed me the keys with a "mental hosp here we come" look on his face....i hadnt slept, what did he expect?? and my cooking skills went to pot for the first 6 months of preg too....
  • i dont think i've done anything silly but my OH just got really annoyed with the microwave because it wouldnt start and he was stood there with one hand over the start button and his other hand holding the door open...thats why it wouldnt work :roll: lol x
  • Harry has never slept in our bed but for the first few weeks I remember waking up in a blind panic having folded the top of the duvet over my arm and convinced that I had rolled him up in it and he was suffocating. Scary what your mind can do!

I've also tried to start the car with the house keys and get through the front doot with the car key on more occasions than I care to remember :lol:

• I put Neve in the bath a couple of weeks ago and after a couple of mintes realised I had left her socks on.
  • i am lmao.... i have done the patting down the bed thing in a blind panic, shouting at ~OH when all the while jake is asleep in his basket next to me!
  • haha

I have also been one who has searched my pillow wondering where Ashton is, I've woke my OH saying "where is her where is he" and he's been sound asleep in his moses basket, I too have never crought him into bed with me so????????

Also if Ashton has woke me up cooing or crying ready for a bottle, I've gone "shhhhhh" and started rocking myself up and down haha

Lack of sleep can be funny yet to me everytime the first one happens it scares the life out of me

xx
  • I made the mistake of going out to a baby group when Ollie was about 3 months old with a lovely new blue top on - inside out - and no breastpads..... he needed feeding, I fed, I leaked and everyone saw i had my top on inside out. :roll:
    The worst of it was I had had to walk through town for 20 mins like that to get to the group, and had to walk 20 mins back again in a right state to get home!

oh the shame......

xxxx
  • I've done the searching fr lo in my bed tons of times......to a point where somehow I new to tell myself that she was in the ct next to me....then though, I would look in the cot, see she was there and wonder where I was going to put the baby I thought was in my arms!

what else..........yesterday my dh wanted lemon iced tea and very almost got sugar water, i've put shower gel in my hair and shampoo on my body - one day I washed my hair twice as I got confused about what I had done and still managed to not wash the conditioner out! lol.
  • i think mine would be when i was having lennon,i hadnt been asleep for 3 days just dozing off,i had to stay in a chair in the obstretrics (sp) wrad and would doze for 3 mins the wake again not knowing wht i was doing or where i was lol

i woke up turned to hubby and asked him where my green pot noodle had went,it was ready with a fork in it on the monitor and now it was gone,guessing i was hungry lol

my other thing i do is when the phone rings i answer my mobly and dnt no why its still ringing,hubby has to stretch over me to answe it,i'm a terrible grump without sleep and my whole family would vouch for that lol
  • I have put the dirty washing in the bin and a nappy in the dirty washing bin!!! And the funniest (oh found it really funny) was trying to wash my make up off with conditioner one night in the bath!!!! xxxxx
  • i sent my 10 yr old to school with a whole block of cheese wrapped in tinfoil in her pack up instead of her sandwiches that got left in the fridge. bless she said she nearly died of embarassment and was that hungry she had a nibble of the cheese haha
  • PMSL - artygal that is HILARIOUS!!!! Bless her for having a nibble!
  • Every night without fail for the first month of having Connor id wake up in the early hours thinking he was trapped under the duvet, oh said id actually shout at him to find the baby whilst throwing the duvet up searching for him! Connor would be in his moses basket completely oblivious of his mental mummy!
  • PMSL, my hubby thinks I'm a wierdo cos I'm sitting here laughing at these - mainly because I've done them!!

I can't believe how many other people wake up in the night panicking thinking they've lost their LO in the bed or suffocated them, I do it frequently, even now that she's 3 1/2 months old, but again I've never taken her into the bed with me. How strange is that??

I regularly think I've put the steriliser on, then go back to it later and wonder why it's stone cold, and made cups of coffee with cold water then wondered why it didn't mix. What's worse it that I tried to drink one of them, funnily enough I've not made that mistake again since!
  • oh ladies, v funny - you've all cheered me up no end!
    Cant think of anything i done, just usual hunting for lo in the bed...i do get really clumsy when i'm overtired and managed twice when Braedon was small to walk at a quick pace into the kitchen door, somehow failed to notice it wasn;t open! I tend to mix my words up when tired too, my daughter finds it hilarious x
  • artygirl that is soo funny! x
  • When I worked in a pub I got in about 1am from my shift, anyway my oh has always worked nights too and he gets in at 5am. Anyway whenever he came in I was always semi-conscious and muttering weird things at him, a big jumble of things that had happened that day (weirdly this only ever happened when I had been at work). One day my stepsister had been with me & she'd been on about some bloke at her office (who I'd never met), Steve. Anyway I was talking about 'Steve' in my sleep and calling OH Steve!!! He IS the jealous type and put it this way he was NOT impressed. It took me ages to persuade him that actually, I'd never met 'Steve'!