Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

been up for 4 hours and dont know what to do

Toby hasnt had a poo for 2.5 days and since 5pm yesterday he has been really restless - since 3am he hsa been nconsolable - i just dont know what to do.

i am givig him cooled boiled water
cyccing legs
pushing both legs up
massaging tummy
giving warm bath

what else can i do - i can hear him upstairs struggling but came down to ask you ladies if there is anything more i can try

Replies

• Hi hun, how old is he? (for things to suggest)
  • A teaspoon of pure orange juice in some cooled boiled water - 1 part orange juice to 10 parts water - can help.

Also make sure you're massaging his tummy clockwise in a warm room if you try it again.

Hth and that he gets comfortable again soon xx
  • 8 weeks thursaday - x
  • Hey hun, the same thing happened to Joshua , i was told to give him some apple juice not concentrate, diluted with water, it really worked for us.
  • hi lou - is toby old enough - he is 8 weeks thursday?
  • call nhs direct 08454647
  • Hi

Yes, he's old enough, as long as you don't do it too often!

To make him more comfortable, dilute either orange or apple juice in water and let him sip it.. Should work relatively quickly - be prepared for an explosion when he does go!!!!!!

Also, carry on with the other things you are doing - it will work eventually.

Good luck
    xx
  • Same thing happened to Charlotte, and the hv told us to do what the girls here have suggested. We did a small amout of pure orange juice in cooled boiled water and it worked quickly ! Boy what a lot of poop !!!!!!
  • Hiya, yes aslong as you dilute it, its fine, it does work a treat, like the other girls say beware of a explosion!