Forum home Babies Baby

Moses Basket

Hello All,

Struggling to get baby to sleep in moses basket...

When baby naps during the day is it best to put moses basket where he sleeps on a night (bedroom) and pull the curtains to emphasise sleep time....

Or bring the basket in the front room where tv is and its light where I am during the day? Then take the moses basket to bedroom when its his bedtime?

Not sure what is the best

Cheers
SWxx

Replies

• I used to bring the moses basket downstairs during the day and take it back up to the bed room at night, your lo might feel happier knowing you are closer during the day. All you can do is try and see if it works for you.xx
  • I also used to leave the moses basket downstairs (I had a crib for upstairs) for my son to sleep in... he liked his moses basket til he got too big for it and kept waking himself up! I liked him to be downstairs so he could get used to sleeping with noise etc. he's 19 months now and will sleep anywhere! lol :\) he has his day nap upstairs in his cotbed now & I shut his curtains/blind to not out the light but to be honest the light doesn't stop him from going to sleep but it does take him longer. there's no right or wrong place for baby to sleep in the day just do what suits you, if that means trying them all out then so be it! xxxx :\)
  • hi,
    im glad u both said that...i didnt really want to put him upstairs during the day if im too be honest...bless him...
    spose it will only be short while anyway until he has outgrown the moses basket then will have to go to his nursery upstairs for sleeps...
    p.s. if i could get him too sleep hee hee...
    thanks...
    swxxx
  • I had a rocking/ bouncy chair that had a lie back position and put my daughter in that during the day. She hated being in the moses basket during the day, unless i was having a lie down on the bed and she was in the basket next to me (like at bed time).
    Have you tried the pram and gently rolling this back and forth until your little one goes off?
  • i brought mine downstairs during the day, it gets them used to noise and sleeping through it i think.
  • hi jain/mammies,
    the only time he does sleep is if is in a shopping trolley/pushchair or car ....
    a nurse has just told me that i should try n sleep if he does sleep as it may be effecting my milk n thats why hes crying as mammy is tired...will try the rocking cradle to see if he likes it...
    my partner told me too get a couple ov hours yesterday n i feel i different person today... hopefully my little one will too...
    swxxx
  • My lo won't sleep in her cot during the day so I take her out in the pushchair wait until she is asleep and then wheel her home, if I am lucky she stays asleep and I get half an hour to myself!
  • hey my little ones only sleep during the day if they are a) being cuddled b) in the pushchair or car seat. My H/V says i should try and get them to sleep in their room but having no luck. SW33 how is the rocking chair working? xx
  • hi double bubble,
    rocking cradle is good for me so i can put him don to go to loo/make brekkie etc... but lo who likes being nosey sat happily for 5 mins then wanted to be pickedup again...will persevere though...
    its because were too good too them and they wanna be cuddled all the time... little monkeys...
    swxx
  • sw33 with my 2nd the only thing she would nap on during the day was a bean bag.......obviously you cant leave them unsupervised on them but its better than having aching arms from craddling them all day long....she absolutely hated the moses basket
  • thanks chanine another good idea...
    swxx
  • hi

my little boy has only ever napped in his vibrating chair,it reclines or adjusts to sit up at whatever angle you want it in, and it has a bar for dangly things. its also plush and quite deep so he couldnt roll out of it. he would (and still doesn't) nap in anything else, its also great as it has straps at the side so to move him easily from room to room. He also loves his vibrating and natural noise bouncer (i think rainforst is the new one by fisher price) which is expensive compared to some but does the trick. I tried everything with him but only the chairs will do, i too bought a moses basked and 2 stands, one for up and down but he didnt settle in it during the day. i was given my one by relative so cant help where she got it but i saw same one on ebay little while ago while looking for something else.

sorry if long winded but the chair has saved my sanity many times !!

good luck

amanda
  • If found something that makes baby sleep bouncing on my birthing ball hee hee... He loves it and goes to sleep great!!
    Spose it gets me in shape too...
    The only problem is keeping him asleep...
    Hey its worth a go girls...
    SWxx