Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Breaking the dummy habit

Hi All,

My little man is just over 8 months old and always been a great sleeper. The last couple of months though he's been waking up through the night for his dummy, probably because he's teething I guess. I really want to break his dummy habit as it's really disturbing my sleep but just don't know how to do it - any tips gratefully received ladies!! xx :\)

Replies

• My son held on to his binky like it was a lifeline!  We actually started out by only giving it to him during naps and when he was real fussy, but as time went on, he seemed to want it more (it went from a suckle need,  to a want).   My mum found the bye bye binky method ( www.bye-bye-binky.com ), printed it and suggested that we go with it.  At first I was a bit mad at her, but I soon got over it.  The method worked amazingly well.  My son stopped sucking on it after 4 days!  He proceeded to carry it around for another week, but never put it in his mouth.  He then got tired of carrying it and simply lost interest.   Mum was right, it worked, highly recommended!