Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby won't feed, can anyine help?

Hi everyone, I am posting this in the hopes that someone can give me some advice on what to do about Millies feeding. She is 10 months now and has always been exclusively breastfed, we tried a bottle a couple of times but she wouldn't take it. Since she got her teeth through she has bitten me a couple of times, but only when she has been teething. Yesterday she started biting again, she has a tooth coming through so I asumed it was that but she won't feed at all, she last had a full feed yesterday morning and has only fed for about 10 mins in total since. I have tried giving her formula in a cup (she uses one for water) and in a sippy cup and she won't take that either. I just don't know what to try, she is in bed crying, I am down stairs crying and husband is at work. Does any one have any ideas what else I can try?
Kerry xx

Replies

• hi, i feel for u babe my lo is 9m and also had a few bites. i have just got him taking about 3oz of formula from a cup,he aint daft though!! when mine has a tooth coming through he dosnt feed as much i think ur right though, the biting is just to try sooth gums. she may just be grumpy and tired with this tooth. my lo dosnt feed for long on boob anymore, in fact he prob only on for about half hour a day now but he gets plenty cheese and yogs and other milk stuff in his diet. i would try not to worry 2 much. have u given calpol or teething gel? mine dosnt get a temp but find it helps with the pain also i brush his gums with toothbrush gently that soothes him a little. if she really dosnt settle maybe c doc in morning just 2 check it aint a tummy upset or somthing, wat do u do when she bites? if i cant get a finger in quick enough i pull him right into my breast, has to let go then! hope some of that helps, ill keep rackin mi brains babe! and well done still b/feeding!!! xxx
  • Because we had problems getting her to bed last night she had calpol before her bath and bonjela after tonight but it didn't make any difference. She just lets go after she has bitten me so I tell her no but she just smiles at me. I have expressed some milk (only 2 1/2oz lol ) for tommorow and she is asleep now so I guess I'll just have to see what happens tommorow.

[Modified by: Bedhead on June 28, 2007 08:00 PM]
  • glad she stopped cryin babe its horrible 2 hear em cry when u feel so helpless, its sooo rubbish, u just get 2 some normality after all the sleepless nights and feelin like daisy the cow lol and teeth come along! hope she starts feeling better,now make the most of the sleep! i recommend large glass wine and even larger bar choc!! lol. xx
  • Just going to open the wine now! Can't do much about the choclate coz we don't hve any in the house and I can't go out but at least I can get some tea now she is asleep.
  • oh well, if no choc u will have 2 have 2 glasses of wine!lol, hope u get ur tea in peace and lo sleeps soundly for u. xx
  • hi have you tried the teething granules they used to work a treat with alice she only bit me a few times when she was teething but the granules definitely helped. hope you enjoy your wine, ive just eaten 250g of dairymilk and feel really sick now.