Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

8 1/2 months old an no teeth

My lo is still gummy, he's been teething since 3 1/2 months and i can see the teeth they just dont want to come up. Luckily he copes with the pain well. I give him loads of hard things to bite on

Replies

• My son is nearly 11 months and he has no teeth. He's not too interested in teethers either. Having no teeth doesn't stop him from eating whatever we eat.We use herbal teething powder for the pain. I get it at Boots.
  • Hi Nic-

My LO is 8 months and she has been teething for a while. She doesn't have any teeth showing but her gums look quite white. Its horrible to think shes prob got a long way to go yet as i can tell she is pain and not getting much sleep but i suppose they are all different and some don't have any teeth until they are over 1 year old

Hannah xx
  • My ds2 was 10mth when he cut his first tooth and is just cutting his last molar now at 2 1/2 yr which is about right, so they do catch up if later to start.
    My dd's been teething since about 9 weeks and although i can see the teeth, the hv said they could take months to come thru.
    Poor beggars!
  • my first was 1 yr and 2days old when he cut his first tooth. his top two came together followed by his bottom 2 a couple weeks later! he is 17 month now and only has 6!
  • Hi leo is 7 months and been teething for ages and still no teeth but he seems to cope with it quite well only has a few episodes, but my dd had teeth by the time she was 6 months, but like the old saying goes the later they get them the longer they keep them.
    vikki xx
  • my first didnt get teeth until she was 14 months (and now shes nearly 8 and still got all her milk teeth with no sign of them falling out), dentist says its a good thing. and my son didnt get his first tooth until he was 18 months.

c xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • my lo is a year in 2 weeks time...she got 3 teeth in 2 and a half weeks about 3 weeks ago. she'd been teething since she was about 4 months old, they just kept coming up and down, didn't want 2 cut through. she really suffered, it was a nightmare. the health visitor said the longer they're in the gums...the stronger they'll be.
    she grinds the together now!!!!
    xxx