Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

questions for potential childminders

hi girls, so, back to work for me on monday, cant wait, only going back 20hours a week though. anyway we need to find childcare for evie only for a friday afternoon and so ben got a childminder list from the council and randomly rang one.he picked her because apparently her name is funny. lol, men eh? anyways im going to see her today for a chat n stuff and obviously i need to ask this lady some questions before leaving evie with her, but what?? what should i find out? please help... i want to do exclamation marks but my keyboard is f"cked and wont let me. lol

Replies

• i'm just bumping coz i'm going to see her at 10.30am, spoke to her on the phone and she sounds bloody miserable so going on first impressions i probably wont go with her but i'll go anyway lol
  • oh - i went to do the same a few weeks ago - aske to see there file... should ahve risk assements, h&d - qualifications... ofstead report - must get there ref number off them... then you can look on line at there actual report!!!! very important!
    see what shes actually like with the other children and yours!

ask what her day is like on the day shes having him - eg school runs etc..

how much?
    wether wants it up front
    what if shes sick
    what if shes on holiday
    what if you are on hol and dont need her - usually you still pay

ask whether you have to provide the food, nappies etc... usually do

mmmmmm think thats sort of it
  • oh - i went to do the same a few weeks ago - aske to see there file... should ahve risk assements, h&d - qualifications... ofstead report - must get there ref number off them... then you can look on line at there actual report!!!! very important!
    see what shes actually like with the other children and yours!

ask what her day is like on the day shes having him - eg school runs etc..

how much?
    wether wants it up front
    what if shes sick
    what if shes on holiday
    what if you are on hol and dont need her - usually you still pay

ask whether you have to provide the food, nappies etc... usually do

mmmmmm think thats sort of it
  • ok needed to rush that incase you needed it quickly!!!
    hope it made sense - basically if you just think NO WAY!!! then dont - monthers gut instinct is what i was told to go with

also accident book etc........ complaints.......

to befair if shes ofstead registered then all this should be covered on report!!!let me know how you got on xx

• How did it go? Sorry didn't see this in time to add questions but if you need them for another time please ask cos I have loads!

Am I right? DId I see on another post that you are up here in the north east too? I'm in Prudhoe just outside newcastle!
  • hi girls, just an update. saw the lady and she wasnt half as miserable as she'd sounded on the phone, but as you say marsha, there wasnt any "clicking" and although she had a nice house and was very "qualified" she just didnt seem to have the right personality. so guna see more people soon. thanks for all your suggestions though, helped loads. craftycharli, your right, i'm in newcastle, so not far really. do you call it prud-O or prud-A? lol. i have debates with people about this... im not sad though, honest.... lol
  • Seems sensible to see others Linzi! You've got to know ti's the right person!

I am not a local but they all seem to call it Prud-A so I follow suit! hehe!