Forum home Babies Baby

What pram do you have & what do you think?

Replies

• I have two prams. A mountain buggy urban which is great but too big for public transport and a maclaren spitfire.

The maclaren is based on the quest i think. I bought this to take shopping and am very pleased with it. It is an umbella fold type, easy to fold with one hand after a couple of practices.

I didn't get a very light weight one, cuz my lo is big and would have grown out of it too quickly. The only thing i would change is that it only faces forwards, but, this is outweighed by the fact it is such a clever design
  • I have a Petite Star Aruba 3 wheeler, and I seem to have a love hate relastionship with it. The mil brought it for us, as I said I liked it in passing. But I hadn't tried it out in the shop, the car seat doesn't fit our car, and it doesn't fit in the boot of the car, we have to put half of the back seat down. It's too big to get round smaller shops in.

It's great for walking round sainsburys in, I can balance the basket on the hood and handle bar, and you can fit 4 bags in the basket. It's also good for walking with.

And the only other thing I don't like about it is that the seat doesn't sit upright on it.
  • I have a pliko p3 and i think its fab!! Easy to push, folds up smallish, the only thing i don't like bout it is that its 4ward facin, but other than that its great
    xxx
  • I have Jane Slalom pro three wheeler. Love it, SO damn easy to push - smooth and fluid. Now Hugo is in the pushchair part of it, even though he is only three months - but it is ok as it goes completely flat. The buggy is very specious, Hugo is really comfy in it. It is a bit on the heavy side, but that is not felt when pushing it, but seeing how I don't really need to carry the buggy it is all fine.

We got it with the Matrix Cup car seat, which also goes completely flat, so it is cool.

I don't really have anything bad to say about it.
  • I have a Loola and love it!!!! Did have a mamas & papas 03 sport but hated not being able to see Ashton so got the loola instead. Its light weight, fits in the boot no problem (Still loads of room for shopping!) and can be forward to rear facing! XXXX
  • I have a Maclaren Ryder. a chicco....something cant remember what its called - its the grey and redishorange one.

A firstwheels city twin and a cosatto duo (double pushchairs)

I also have the mothercare Thomas stroller for Isaac when I have Tyler in a sling or harness. I am a bit of a pramaholic! Lol
  • I have the quinny buzz 4. When i'm out and about with it i think its great. When it comes to taking the car seat off and folding it down the buggy its a little tricky. Other than the i love it.
  • i have a bugaboo cameleon and love it and even though it is expensive it is worth every penny and i would have another.
    but i also have a maclaren techno xt which i bought to keep in the car for just nipping out (if im out for any length of time i take the bugaboo) and also for my mum when she has josh because she wanted something smaller for on the bus and i also love this. As your baby is 8 months (i think you said) i would definately go for the maclaren. my boy is 9 months and loves it and is comfortable in it. i wouldnt but another big pram if i was you.
  • i have decided on the bugaboo cameleon!
    spent over 3 hours today in 2 different pram shops & totally fell in love.
    had my friend & her 16 month old daughter who is a big girl & in the quinny we couldn't get the straps round her, the bar dug into her tummy & there was just no room at all for her!
    in the bugaboo however she was so comfy looking & there was loads of leg room left & it was just so much easier to handle & manage with a bigger child in it xx
  • I have had 2 quinny buzz 4 wheelers and both developed the same fault - they wouldn't fold down! So I have been stranded twice in car parks with a pushchair that wouldn't fit in my boot and me crying on phone to hubby!

The first time they replaced it straight away but when that one broke I decided to get a bugaboo cameleon (which I LOVE). I loved my quinny but they told me it was a design fault and that the 2009 model would have it rectified, but I couldn't wait for that! They gave me a full refund. I do like the quinnys and found it easy to use.
    xxx
  • I've got the mamas and papas pliko pramette and its most useless pram i've seen.

1) so light your too scared to put anymore than one shopping bag on it in case it tips.
    2) the basket is silly small. I could fit more in a snooker pocket.
    3) there is no smoothness to it at all.
    4) you need both hands to put it down because of the two levers on the handle to unlock the pram.

With my son i had a graco travel system from mothercare and it was so much better. The only probem with this one was the weight of it and it was still pretty big when put down so awkward to fit in carboots but it was the best one i've had.

1) felt a lot safer with being heavier, didn't worry at all about that tipping.
    2) the basket had a handle that you pulled out which lowered the basket down making it easier to slot stuff in then clipped back up
    3) it had its own little suspension thing going on so going over bumps or anything didn't disturb the lo
    4) one hand needed to put down. Just push the switch to the left, twist the handle, and push forward. Was a dream that pram for me.

Sorry to go on. lol

Lisa. xxx
  • My LO has a travel system and a pushchair. Pushchair is a Koochi one from Argos and is kept at his grandparents for when they take him out. I needed a small pushchair that would fit in my dads dinky little car that didnt weigh much and could be used from birth. Useful for short journeys but not the easiest thing to push round.

LO's main pushchair is an urban detour quantum from mothercare. We both love it. Comes with a car seat (will moan bout that in a bit), and the pushchair seat can b forward or rear facing. It it nice and cudly and cosy. Also comes with a cosy toes and rain shield (which is easy to use). You can also buy a carry cot to fit to the wheels.

It is quite large as it is a 3 wheeler. have to take rear wheels off to fit in OH car, but thats easily done and they just click back on. It is a dream to push (can push and steer easily 1 handed). It can b a bit of a pain to detatch the seat/carry cot/car seat from the frame til u get used to it. It has a loveley big hood on it that u can choose how much of it u put up.

carry cot was great but by 4 months he had outgrown it. Used it as a pram system when he was first born, then continued to use it as a bed for him to nap in at grandparents house til he outgrew it. It is now in storage for if when have another baby.
    Carseat - (this is my big moan) Has been used in the car once to come home from hospital. IMO it wasnt safe as it didnt fit properly. Fits well on the wheel frame and is good for the first 3 or so months, but then the straps didnt go around LO any more. Seat is meant to be a first size infant carrier up 2 9 months. All in all I hated the car seat but would not b without the rest of the system and think it was money well spent.

Beck n Zac
  • I love my pliko pramette!
  • I also have the Silver Cross 3d and I love it loads. I have never had any problems with it at any time. I do find it slightly heavy but nothing unusual and it is really easy to put up and down.
  • I have a MacLaren Techno XLR travel system. I love it!
  • My best friend has a mothercare urban detour & although i find it big, bulky & hard to manage she loves her! we are all so different!
    now just trying to choose colours for my bugaboo i really want pink with grey base but everyone says the pink is too bright....?? xx
  • Aah, I think the pick is nice, looks good with the brown base.
  • I have the Phil and Teds and really can't rate it enough. Mine is almost 4 years old now as I've had it since my eldest daughter was born (she will be 4 in Feb). I now have a 21 month old and a 51/2 month old aswell and just could'nt live without this pushchaar. I'm so glad we decided to buy this when we first had Molly. It was bloody expensive but worth every penny. Never had ne probs with it at all. We brought the new style reclining seat for it and it's just so comfy compared to the old style which did'nt recline. If your thinking of having your children close in age, this is buy far the best pushchair on the market x x x
  • Misslauri, the pink on the bugaboo is ace! Mine is denim, and when I was using it for Millie I had the pink covers and it looked fantastic.
    xx
  • Mine is in denim too and I have the pink fabric and footmuff although at the mo the denim hood is on with the footmuff and it looks great image I LOVE my bugaboo lol