Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

post pregnancy body,aches and pains,normal?

i was just wondering, my baby now 16 days old and ive nearly stopped bleeding, but when i eat it really gives me stomache pain, and when i have wind!! lol and my ribs kill!! is all of this the norm? any advice much appreciated, thankyou xx:\?

Replies

• Hiya, I would give the midwife a quick call. My baby is 11 days old and I am starting to feel half way human again but haven't had any of the pains you have described. I know when I first had him and attempted to go for a walk i felt really winded, like I'd just done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson, but that was the very early days. It could be nothing, but best to check!
  • hi
    i was the same after i had my daughter ( 8 Years )and worse with my son( 5 Months.) i think all the pain in your ribs and wind is all your lungs and bits going back after being all squashed up by your baby. I can,t rember how long it took to go away but i don,t think it was any longer than 4 weeks.
    Amy
  • thankyou very much, it can all be so scary!!!!! xx
  • Your ribcage has expanded during pregnancy so that could explain the pain in your ribs and your insides are squashed into your armpit so I'm sure everything is just settling back into place. I was the same though, everything seems to hurt after pregnancy and labour but it does get better. I notice an improvement day by day. X
  • thankyou, its so nice not to be pregnan any more lol although i do miss my sleep!!!! x