Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Arggghhhh!

Bloody washing machine packed up halfway thru spin cycle and pinged the fuse box so unsafe to use now!!

Got loads of washing to do inc most of Charlotte's stuff. At least my sister says I can do some at her house on Saturday (when she dyes my hair - yay!!!).

Now just got sopping wet clothes everywhere and looks like rain :\(

And we've got to cough up for a new machine!!! :x

Replies

• Options
    oh no, what a pain in the arse!!! well atleast u r able to use ur sisters. its pouring with rain here and ive left all 3 of our coats in the car!jus hoping it stops before we go out after lunch! hope u manage to get it sorted soon. xxx
  • Options
    Know how you feel our washing machine packed up 2 weeks ago just before we were going on holiday for a few days.

So annoying especially when you have los, we always have loads of washing. We had to wait a week to get a new one and by then had about 6 loads of washing to catch up! then it decided to rain for days so had washing drying everywhere the house looked like a laundrette.xx
  • Options
    OH has some vouchers to use from his credit card so hopefully can redeem them and use them to put towards a new machine. I want a Bosch one with 7kg drum so can do more washing in one go!!

We've got to wait for vouchers to come thru now so God only knows when we can buy a new one......

I'm really wary of washing machines going wrong as once my dads caught fire! It was late at night and my sis & I still lived at home and we were in bed. Fortunately dad was still up so he saw it before anything really bad happened. When my sister shouted to him ring for fire brigade he panicked and shouted "what's the number"!!!! lol!!
    Firemen came and just ripped the washing machine out after putting the small fire out! The smoke was acrid in our house afterwards.
  • Options
    The man that came to look at our machine recomended bosch machines he said they last about 15 years too xx
  • Options
    Oh good news about the Bosch machine then. We have Bosch everything else in kitchen apart from cooker/hob (I'm working on it though)!!

I always sterr clear of Hotpoint ones as dad always had them and they always broke down.....then caught fire!
  • Options
    I sometimes if we have alot of washing put ours on in the evening when we go to bed and empty it in the morning but after what you said about them catching fire wont do that anymore, thanks girls. xx
  • Options
    I never put anything on at night or go out and leave appliance on esp after what happened at my dads!
  • Options
    They say it comes in three's our last washing machine was a bosch and we had it for about 7 yrs but it just packed in last month no wonder in my house with 5 of us i do 1-2 loads a day its a nightmare so we got a new one a big 8 kg loader so i can get more clothes in, then last week the fridgefreezer packed in to so we had to get new ones we got a seperate larder fridge and chest freezer for more space, and now i think my tele is on its way out as it keeps knocking its self off its about 5 yrs old but luckily it is still under guarentee until oct so i think we will be getting a new one of them aswell.it never rains but it pours lol
    vikki xx
  • Options
    Oh no, this happened to us a while back. It was horrible and we got really behind on washing as had to wait for payday. All our decent clothes needed washing and we couldnt afford the laundrette either. Hope you can get a new one soon, ours was from makro and is great. xxx
  • Options
    ive got a hotpoint aquarius (bought before indesit bought them out last year), and it has broken once, but hotpoint came out to fix it as it was only 2 years old. i would NOT recommend a hotpoint now as indesit have bought them out and they have to be the worst manufacturer for anything electrical. i think bosch are the best ones, and dont bother gettin insurance cover thru currys/comet as they are useless (thats why we bought ours direct with hotpoint-took comet 3 weeks to tell us they couldnt fix it-so whats the point in their insurance?????) buy it directly from the manufacturer, and dont throw all the paperwork like i did LOL luckily i kept my receipt as proof of date of purchase.....ours broke a week before archie was born so i was livid...

hope you get a lovelly brand spankin new one soon image
  • Options
    Funny you should post this as mine has just broken in the last hour, went into the kitchen holding charlotte and nearly went arse over tit in a puddle of water - rather nerve wracking holding my 5 week old !!!! Hubby is gonna look at it when he gets home as it could just be a lose hose (i hope, cant afford a new one and its not under warranty)
  • Options
    Oooh that could've been nasty.

Talking of nasty I need to change my Charlotte's nappy lol!