Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sofas what have you got?

2»

Replies

• Options
    Hmmm. Im gonna sound as saft as they come now so please feel free to laugh. When myself and OH moved into our new home 5 yrs ago we bought ...wait for it.......your really gonna laugh...

CREAM SUEDE SOFAS. LOL

As we both have our days where we like to slob out and usually eat meals sitting oon the sofa in hindsite was not a good idea.

And now we have Zacky who likes nothing better than to wee on the sofa when he doesnt agree with mommy going back to work etc.

We now have a well nackered cream suede sofa with loads of stains, that smells of baby smells and the bottoms have gone as well. SO when you sit down you just sink LOL.

Next 1 when we can afford it will be leather, far easier to look after and clean, and can take so much more damage.
  • Options
    Hi i have cream leather sofas they are good for wiping clean but a nightmare because they show all the marks. We got them before we had our dd 7 yrs ago now and have withstood 2 dogs and now 2 more children. I want a new one but hubby wont ket me until kids are a bit bigger.
    vikki xx
  • Options
    Definitely go for one with removable, washable cushions & covers - ours doesn't have this and I dread to think how minging it is down the back & sides.

Agree leather is prob best with a baby as it wipes down so easily - but it's not nearly as snuggly.

Our new corner one comes from Sofa Workshop in a few weeks - is it sad to be as excited as I am??
  • Options
    We've got a brown fabric sofa - sort of corduroy material, sounds gross, is actually lovely lol - i can't stand leather soafs, stick the them in the summer and freeze in the winter! Ours is scotchguarded and everything seems to wipe off it, although so far (touch wood) i've not had any major spillages or accidents, i'm sure i'll be eating my words once lo is on the move and potty training! x
  • Options
    http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2063/207/7/502996822/n502996822_1960615_4377.jpg

our sofa from scs, i loveeee it, its so comfy and me and jay have naps on it in the day lol, and we aso have a cat, its easy to wipe down and clean.
  • Options
    we used to have a laeather sofa although they really easy wipe down i find there sooo cold i much prefer fabric
  • Options
    we have a leather 3 seater and 2 seater. Its very very dark brown (its blatantly black but we did order a brown one) its soft leather so nice and squishy. i love it, it gets covered in milk and sick and just wipes right off! Also it is very comfy and has put up with the cat for the past 2 years.
    we got it from Reid and at the same time mil got one from land of leather..theres is tatty and horrible now and ours looks new (appart from the grooves where our bums go! lol!)
    xxx
  • Options
    Hayleyspirit thats the sort i want, big enough for dh and i too lie down in evenings and for us all to bundle on lol

PTB im really excited and ive just started looking so your def allowed to be excited if youve ordered yours lol

Thanks for all your replies, its just its a lot of money (to me anyway) and dont want to buy the wrong one.

xxDBxx

Ps Trueman you made me laugh