Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weaning equipment advice

We'll be weaning in the near future and I was wondering what bits and pieces I need to buy. I already have a hand blender, some storage pots and plastic spoons. What else do I need?

Are the bowls that stay-put worth a try?
What kinds of cup did you go for? I've seen the doidy ones and wonder if I should get one.

Feel ignorant for asking but don't have a clue, thanks xx

Replies

• i have a cupboard full of bowls spoons blah blah blah

You need a couple of bowls and a couple of spoons - though have you looked at baby led weaning - we are switching from mush to blw and yo be honest wish i had just gone straight into blw - toby is doing really well with the transfer but i still wish i had gone straight to blw.

Cups - again i have bought them all - the advent magic cup is good for out and about and we are persevering with the doidy cup - he keeps tipping it on him but he will soon get the hang of it. I would say buy as little as possible and save the money to get your carpets cleaned in a year!

Oh MAM my first spoon and fork is brilliant for pre loading spoons and letting them feed themselves. Toby is 6 months next week x
  • Thanks summer76.

I thought BLW was when you sstarted to introduce solids when the baby was ready, rather than following the guidelines/book - I'm now thinking it is something different.

Sorry to be really thick but could someone explain for me please, thanks xx
  • I'd recommend a little cool bag to take food in when you're out and about. Also bibs.

I would say you need say 6+ bowls and spoons, as if like me you don't run the dishwasher more than once every other day you might find you've run out before you need them again.

[Modified by: PinkToothbrush on April 29, 2010 03:37 PM]

• Thanks everyone, I'm certainly more informed now xx