Forum home Babies Baby

baby rice

Hi is it ok to give your baby baby rice it just that some one has told me that there has bin some problems farming baby rice and not to give your baby baby rice . My little girl is not ready for weening yet but just wonted know for the future can eny one help and wont they used to start weening thank you cazmac10:\?

Replies

• i havnt heard anything about baby rice i am still using it to thickend up purees..

i weaned brooke at 3 months and her 1st food was apple puree... then started introducing other fruit and veg purees..
  • I've not heard of any problems with farming the rice..??

I gave my lo baby rice by Hipp Organic at just over 5 months old (about a month ago) and all ok.

May be Google it to see if any mention on internet about what your friend said or ask your hv.
  • Hi,
    bear with me here ......
    there was something a while back about high levels of some chemical found in baby rice which I think had come from the soil where the rice was being grown.

Sorry, I cant be more specific - my heads not working properly today!!!

I use boots organic baby rice which is sourced from Spain which I remember at the time I was choosing didnt ring any bells about whatever it was being found in the soil.

Sorry if this is a bit confused sounding - baby waking up

Hope it helps