Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO hedgie - again!

hi again love sorry to be a pest!

been reading lots of stuff today about the fitting and about epilepsy and noticed one symptom is blank staring into space. Now evie does this but its something i havnt worried about before its never crossed my mind that she's doing anything other than day dreaming! Is this something your LO does?

Ive never noticed her do it anywhere but sitting in her high chair, she seems to focus on something behind me towards the window and just stare and not move for upto 10seconds and even if i wave things infront of her face or say her name she doesnt move. she just snaps out of it instantly and looks at me normally and starts eating again. I had initially thought she was just a daydreamer and being a bit gormless but perhaps its more than that afterall....

Replies

• No worries love, you are never a pest. My daughter does that same vacant stare as well... Though I don't know if it's just a learned behavior or selective hearing as my 2 year old sometimes makes me wonder image. I call her name and it takes her two or three times before she responds...lol. Kaydence often gazes of into space and has as long as I could remember. I think it might be them just thinking deeply about something. Though Nymeria my youngest doesn't really... hmmm... I think she's so busy trying to keep up she probably doesn't have time to stop and think. lol. I wish I could say for certain but I think this is more normal but because of her having a fit I think it's going to be hard not to really worry every time she pauses for a moment. I do. Every time Kaydence stops and just pauses I wait for it, and luckily on her medication it has been decreasing. She hasn't had a fit for a month as of the 2nd of November (fingers crossed). But it feel like I'm always waiting. I really hope that as Evie grows she never has another, but I think I would push for an eeg if she does again. The eeg was where they picked up the electrical activity and could diagnose it, and it's completely painless, they just put tiny stickies on her head (don't worry no hair cut or removal happens) and they just let them play for a while and watch.

How are you and your oh doing? ((((hugs)))), worrying about your lo takes more energy than anything else. Keep us posted on how you are, and please ask anything that comes to mind, I only hope I'm not causing you more worry.

xx