Forum home Babies Baby

for those that had stitches

After needing an evac for retained placenta I came home with stitches. This was nearly 2 weeks ago and they still havnt healed. How long did your stitches take to dissolve? I thought they would be by now?

Replies

• wow as long as that! thanks for your reply.

sorry if this is a bit personal but when did you feel it was 'safe' to have sex again with stitches?
  • I had a LOT of stitches after having my wee one, i felt better after about 5 weeks and we had sex then was a bit sore but no where near as bad as i was imagining

xx
  • Wow - you're brave Mrs P. It took me ages to even feel brave enough to look down there, let alone have sex!
    9 months on, I still don't like the scar - makes me feel a bit ill when I think about it... (Sorry JunieMummy - that is no help at all to you!) xx
  • I had an episiotomy and it took 8 weeks to heal, they probably would have healed sooner but I overdid it so make sure you rest as much as you can!

xx
  • Hi hun with Ashton my stiches took about 6 weeks to heal but if you remember mine burst and got infected so had that to deal with too! Trying talking salt baths as it really does help them heal! xxxx
  • I had loads of stitches with both of mine and it took a good 6 weeks for it to heal, 1st time around i didnt have sex till about 13 weeks after lo was born but with 2nd it was about 8-9 weeks after that i finally done the deed, sorry if tmi but we did use a bit of lube, otherwise it would have been really sore.xx
  • I had loads of stitches with both of mine and it took a good 6 weeks for it to heal, 1st time around i didnt have sex till about 13 weeks after lo was born but with 2nd it was about 8-9 weeks after that i finally done the deed, sorry if tmi but we did use a bit of lube, otherwise it would have been really sore.xx
  • I had a 3rd degree tear & my stitches dissloved within 10 days, however i had one stitch in my bum that took 3 weeks. We had sex after 5 weeks & was uncomfy but over time it has got easier
  • Think it totally varies depending on how many you had and where you had them. I had a couple after a labial tear and got the MW to snip them after 6 days as they were healed but the stitches hadn't dissolved and were tugging. Ouch. Might be worth getting your MW to have a look if she's still visiting as after my MW snipped mine it was 100x more comfortable.