Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

another mil rant....and question.....

grrrr.................

My parents in law visited on Sunday dispite me telling my dh I didn't want them to as the house was in a mess and they always have something to moan about or/and have an opinion about that is different to ours........

I shouldn't complain really because they bought lo some nice clothes as they hadn't brought her back anything from thier holiday but.......

There was the usual taking photos of her face, trying to get her to smile, my lo does not smile on demand for photos!!!!! so poor thing had tons of photos while she tried to get a smile, she was quite happy lying on her mat looking at and grabbing/knocking her toys.

My mil kept saying 'your Nanny's little girl' 'Oh, your such a Nanny's girl' NO!!! She's Mummy and Daddy's little girl!!!!!!

ggrrrrr...................

what i'm wondering is, are parents/parents in law worse/better with the first born grandchild? Both sets of parents are so happy to be grandparents for the first time but can also be so annoying! My Mum came round after being on holiday, lo was stting on my lap smiling and chatting to me but she took her from me because 'Mummy gets you all day everyday'!!!

[Modified by: lisajoy on 29 September 2008 16:37:33 ]

Replies

• i was wondering this too!!! I was under the impression ihad a baby for me and oh not for the grand parents!! My mum isnt as badt hough she allways waits for a cuddle never asks and allways hands her back to me when she cries where as mil will walk off with her and try to comfort her. i HATE it when she does that but i havnt got the balls to say anything. Also doesanyone worry about their lo s being spoilt.My mil buys her something nearly every week . Its ok now cus she is only 7 months but i worry she wont apppreciate things. My mil looked so offended when i said you shouldnt keep buying her stuff and i felt awful then dont want to upset anyone. God i never thought it would be so hard being a parent.!
  • My MIL has been looking after my baby while I work and the other day I said to the baby "Have you missed Mummy?" and my MIL replied "As if she cared that you weren't here". I wanted to kill her. However as this is the 3rd child I am used to it. When the kids are good it is because of her but when they are bad it is because I am a bad Mum. So the answer is it doesn't get better with more kids.
  • my mil is a real pain she is always buying my 2 year old daughter thing at least a new toy every week she spoils her rotten but the worst is she makes me feel bad about it as oh and i do not have much money so we can't go out and buy as many toys as we would like.
    As for her with my newborn son she is even worse since he has been born she has been trying to take over. she is always picking him up when hes asleep so she is waking him teling me when to change his nappy or when he needs feeding.
    Yesturday we were at her house and she came up to me and told e to rap him up so she could take him out and show him off to her friends never asked me if she could just told me she was going to do it. i was so so mad i just turned round and told her to back off hes is my son and she has to ask first and i would prefer her not to go out with him as he might need changing or feeding she got face on and walked off she has not spoken to me since.

becki.xx
  • i want to slap my mil when she says things like "aww he wants to see his nana" "he wants to come with nana" "whos a nanas boy"

i dont know why but it really gets under my skin. i know hes not a posession or anything but i am a very over protective mummy and well, i dont like mil much anyhow haha

i dont wanna tell pil when next lo is born, i didnt like them getting their grubby hands all over my lovely little newborn the day he came home from the hospital. next time we arent going to tell anyone lo is born for a couple of days so we can get some peace xxx
  • My mil always does this but you know what I don't mind it. Gabe loves her to bits. I do leave Gabe with mil quite a bit though as she is so good with him.

Oh... the one thing she does that annoys me is keeps him up too long. If me and oh go out all she has to do is give him a bottle and put him down, but instead she plays with him for ages after his bottle so he gets overtired, and she wonders then why he screams and I come back to a grumpy baby grrrr.
  • my mil do that too tiger lily, she always says "we were having such fun" or "he didnt seem tired" or "he WASNT tired"

i really hate that bloody woman AND i have to live with her so its a thousand times worse! x
  • My Mum is babysitting for the first tie on sat, she wont take milk from a bottle so am going out between feeds! At the moment she is sleeping from 8 till 11, fingers crossed she doesn't keep her up after her last feed!
  • Lily is the mil's 3rd grandchild. The first grandchild can do no wrong - she is soooo naughty! The second (the first's sister) is adorable but not as well thought of as the first. Lily always gets Bethany did this/that when she was Lily's age' . We live far away from them, thank god, but she is still a pain. MIL is the sort of person that has to buy the biggest and most presents and sulks if you show her what someone else has bought Lily. Hubby gets really cross with her and then she sulks even more!

xxxx