Forum home Babies Baby

How much sleep does your LO have during the day??

Hi ladies,

I was just wondering, on average, how much nap-time your LO's have (& how old they are so I can put it into perspective!). Benjamin is 4-months now and, on average, has 2x20mins - sometimes less but very rarely more than this. This seems like very little sleep to me, but as he is no1, I have no comparison!

Thank you!

Ruth xx

Replies

• Lucie is 4 1/2 months and sleeps bout 4 hours during the day, she never stays awake for longer than 1 1/2 hours and can sleep up to 3 hours at a time, she is a great sleeper during the day but at night we are still feeding at least 1-2 times so i suppose it all balances itself out.
  • Ruth, my LO did that at about the same age but in past 2-3 weeks (22 weeks old now) has started to have a long (~2hrs) lunchtime nap again and then either 1 or 2 catnaps in morning/afternoon.

He still wakes up 3-4 times a night though =(
  • my LO is a bit older now at 8months but at 4 months he was sleeping up to 3 1/2 hours during the day, normally split into 3 45mins (ish) naps he would then go to bed at 6.30pm and sleep until 7am!
    Now at 8 months he has 1/2 hour in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon and still goes to bed at 6.30!
    Benjamin doesnt seem to sleep much at all! is he sleeping through the night? my LO couldnt cope with being awake for longer than 2 hours at that age!
  • Thanks ladies. He goes down about 7pm & wakes anytime from about 7am - 9am, feeding anything from 1-3 times - no pattern at all!

Totally agree shockedmummy - I thought he'd sleep lots more, but he's surprisingly cheerful on so little - it's never really been any longer since he was about 6 weeks old. He gets grizzly in the late afternoon but I don't think it's anything unusual & he can always be distracted from it by a change of scenary! x
  • Ruth you are my hero how do you gt anything done?

Dylan is 81/2 months sleeps 9-10:45 in a morning and 2:30-3:30 in an afternoon and goes to bed at 7pm awake at about 6am.

This isn't a routine i've inflicted on him he just picked it himself and its stuck (well this week at least :lolimage sounds like you have done the same with Benjamin, he must just be a baby who doesn't need a lot of sleep

xxx
  • Ruth, my son is now 5 months, and like you my little one never sleeps for more then 40 minutes at a time!

He has just started to take a nap for 1 hour in the afternoon.

He sleeps through the night (most nights) so I guess that makes up for it!

• Ruth you are my hero how do you gt anything done?

LOL, I don't!!! Also, the 20 minutes he does sleep are either on me after feeding (naughty mummy...) or in his car seat/pram, which both have to be moving, so I'm utterly b*ggered! A ??90 investment in a jumperoo has bought me about 25 minutes (hoping for longer as he gets a bit older) & he'll sit in various other contraptions (bumbo, bouncer, big rubber ring thing) for 15 mins or so...amazing what you can get done in 15 minutes really! xxx
  • Ah you see Dylan doesn't like sitting in ANYTHING, he loves pushing his ride ons but he wont sit in a walker, jumperoo etc. So when he's awake im chasing him so I suppose its swings and roundabouts :lol:

and you enjoy being a naughty mummy great excuse for a cuddle image

• and you enjoy being a naughty mummy great excuse for a cuddle image

Oooh, I know. I love it!!! Rod for my own back, blah blah, I wouldn't have it any other way!
  • What a load of b***ocks! I loved cuddlees at that age now he wont be cuddled to sleep and will sit rather than snuggle when having a bottle, I just enjoy him choosing to give me a cuddle now so you enjoy them, its no rod image
  • Ah, thanks Dylansmummy!

Anyone else? I'm hoping for someone who's LO has a similarly small ammount!! x
  • MIne does!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad somebody eles's lo is the same. Oliver had an hour yesterday, 20 mins in the morning and 40 mins in the afternoon.

He has been up since 8 this morning and I have just put him up in his cot 15 mins ago and he is still wide awake. I'm knackered, entertaining him is hard work and the weather is bobbins today. Time for a ride in the car I think.

16 week jabs this afternoon too, so was really hoping he would have a bit of sleep before them.

H xx
  • Daisy is pretty much the same, a couple of catnaps after a feed if I'm lucky. Twice she has gone 19 hours without sleeping image

She will occasionally have a longer nap, but it's certainly not regular or predictable. She doesn't self settle either, but I'm trying to get better at reading her tired cues and rocking her to sleep if I spot them.

She's 15 weeks.