Forum home Babies Baby

Who's Married?

2»

Replies

• I'm married too! We've been married for 11 years now and it hasn't really changed anything - having Poppy changed so much more!!
    You have to do whatever is right for you - if that's getting married then great!!
    xx
  • im getting married 17th september 09. In Central Park New York, sooooo excited. OH proposed by leaving my ring in camerons moses basket the day we fetched him home. getting married abroad cos want somethin different (lost my mum when i was 6months prg so didnt want to face the whole wedding day scenario without my ma with me) really excited to have my little man there as a part of our big day.
    dont think it will change our relationship much, we've lived together a while now, already know all his bad habits ......and he knows mine haha!!
    you dont have to change your name..my sister in law didnt change hers
    xx
  • Yup have 'an old man' indoors as me Nan used to say! We've been together 7 years (8 in May) married 4 years engaged after 3 months-total love at first sight to quote Kiyle (doesn't look like the right sp?!)!
  • hi, im getting married on the 21st december, im excited and nervous all at the same time! i cant wait tho, weve been engaged for 2 years and feel now is the right time. i cant wait to be "mrs" and i hate having a different name to my kids! image
  • We got married on 08.08.08. After being together from me being 16 we had always planned to get married but neither of us like attention so we weren't in a rush. We started trying for a baby in may 06 and after 14 months nothing was happening and we decided to get married, within 2 weeks of booking the wedding I was pregnant. Turns out it was the distraction we needed! Josh was 5 month when we got married. We only wanted a small, minimal fuss wedding and when I found out I was pregnant it completley went out the window but as soon as Josh was born I started organising things.
    I always knew i wanted to be married because we wanted children, if I hadnt have wanted children I might not have bothered. It was really important to me that we were married and I love having a family name. I know it really makes no difference and it doesnt make you any more of a family but it mattered to me and I am proud to say I am married with a son.
  • I've been married since Nov 05. Got engaged in Sept 04. Found out I was pregnant with Rhys on our 1st anniversary.

OH didnt exactly propose, but he did.. It was my birthday we were in Portugal on holiday. we were eating breakfast, I was opening my birthday cards when he asked if I wanted my birthday present. I said yes think it was a cd or something but it was a beautiful platinum and diamond solitare that fitted perfectly (he had stolen a ring from my jewellery box to size it) he didnt say anything else. It meant a lot to me cos he wasnt really fussed to get married (his parents had split when he was young) But he knew I would like to.

It hasnt changed a lot but it is nice to say "my husband" We had a fantastic civil ceromony. And an even better honeymoon.
  • I'm not married, even though we've been together for 20 years. Marriage has never been important to either of us and after all this time we don't think it'd change anything between us.
  • I am engaged but not due to get married until at least 2010 - as can't afford it yet and want to feel body comfortable too after having DD 6 months ago.