Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

For mums with boys - clothes?

2»

Replies

• Options
    i really like M&S, they do some nice trackie bottoms & long-sleeved t's and they aren't too expensive & wash well! How bout buying online from there if you nearest isn't that good?
    I have bought Dylan some new clothes from ebay, which were well priced.
    Tesco's are good too!

Happy shopping
    Sarah xx
  • Options
    i'm addicted to Next, JJ is mainly dressed in Next stuff but he got some really nice stuff from Primark for xmas! I also love Mackays clothes, i have a shop about 10 mins away from mine and my MIL lived almost next door to one so he has loads of clothes from there, they have a pretty good sale too! Adams have some lovely boys clothes at the moment too, i could have spent a fortune in there today lol! x
  • Options
    Asda for cheap every day stuff and Next for nice pieces. Always works for me!
  • Options
    erm, tescos or asdas usually when we buy things for Ollie, but i seem to get loads of really lovely second hand things that get worn once and then never again and they're all from next, adams etc... and other places like that... do you know anyone with a lil boy a bit older that could pass on their baby clothes (if you dont mind getting 2nd hand that is...) or ebay for job lots, i found a great job lot of big thick coats and trousers and warm shirts etc that spanned about 6 month off ebay for ??20 (which is almost the price of one top from next! :lol: )

I hate spending loads of money on clothes as they dont seem to wear them often enough to get value for money out of them...

xxx

(edit: forgot to add, Ollie had the little dry patches on the backs of his knees and was prescribed some mild hydrocortisone (sp?) cream which cleared it up within days, and now we just put a bit on if it looks like its coming back.. )

[Modified by: MummyStephe on January 03, 2009 09:32 AM]

• Options
    Wow, what a lot of suggestions!! I love Next nornmally but at the minute they only seem to have jeans. I will have to remind Barney not to grow out of his clothes during the sales :lol: Cheers for all the ideas girls, think I've got enough now for him not to have to wear his sisters cast off's and only one pair of jeans so I'm happy!!

Stephe, doctor prescribed hydrocortisone for him before christmas. It workd brilliantly but as soon as we stop using it it comes straight back, going to have to go back and see him again I think!
    xx
  • Options
    Ollie was like that for a while, its taken him ages to 'grow out of it' but now he rarely gets the patches (xcept on his face)

I've got loads of boys stuff that we wont be needing now but hubby wont let me sell/give them away until baby is born 'just in case' otherwise i'd send you some of ollie's stuff. :roll:

xxx
  • Options
    We should do a swap!! I've got a loft full of girls stuff that has hardly been used (Millie had waaayyyy too many clothes!)
    xx
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan - although my hubby (bless him I want to shake him sometimes) says there's no rush as baby isn't due for ages and ages yet, and they cant even be certain its a girl......... Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol: give me a week to work on him image what size is he in? (i put all of them away all labelled with Ollies length and weight as well as the sizes on the clothes.....well for the first 9 months i did :lol: )

xxx
  • Options
    hi hon,

my boys are at school now, but they wore quite a few pairs of combats when they were little - these were lined with jersey so were really comfortable! joggers were also good.

i know Asda have combats for girls at the moment - i've picked up some for Issy that are great, but not looked at small boys for a while!! could you wait until the new Next Directory is out (or have i just not got mine?????), as i find that is better than the store at this time of the year (after sales etc)

i know this may sound really strange, but would you consider putting tights on him under jeans? i ask this as my friends 3yr old has terrible eczema, and he often has to wear a body stocking, which she sometimes swaps for tights, as they are soft, but also stop him itching it! i'm not sure how that will work when he starts school, but.....!!

hope you get something for him- poor little chap!
  • Options
    He's just going into 6-9 months stuff, except vests and sleepsuits. He's just growing OUT of 6-9 month size in those (strange boy!) When are you due? can't be long now is it?

Ollier, I think I'm just about sorted now. I really wanted some combats but all the ones I found were really thin, never thought of putting tights on him, maybe I'll go rummage in Millie's hand me downs after all :lol:
  • Options
    I normally get Zackys clothes from Mothercare, ASDA, Next, Tesco or Matalan. Have also noticed that most things for little boys tend to be either denims or brown / cream cords. A nice pair of normal trousers would be nice occassionally LOL.

When Zacky could still fit in 0-3 and 3-6 months clothes I found some soft fleecy lined cotton trousers in ASDA and Next and he loved them (think they were 2 pairs for ??6 but cant really remember now).

I tend to buy a few seperates and a few sets, but he is never in them very long as he gains weight so quickly (sometimes only wears items twice then cant get in them).

Beck
  • Options
    gonna have a moan now ..... WHY ARE ALL BOYS CLOTHES BLOODY BLUE??????

Im not a conformist at all, so it bugs me that all boys clothes (newborn/0-3mths) are blue !! what happened to green/orange/red/brown??

moan over.....
  • Options
    Debenhams, although I struggled buying something today as most things had buttons up the back and it's just too fiddly.
    I know what you mean about jeans. I want to keep Archie in baby growns and soft clothes for ages, he has the rest of his life to wear jeans !
    GAP do great little soft fabric trousers that have feet on, like a baby grow, so they are fab for wearing with a vest and cardigan.
    M&S Autograph stuff is good too I've got a lovely set from there.
    All this talk of baby clothes makes me want to go and spend more money. S x