Forum home Babies Baby

What are your best buys & your worst?

2»

Replies

• Oh also worst buy was Mothercare Fun at the Zoo highchair as the tray doesn't slide in and out so not a lot of room to fit LO in without scraping their legs and my LO is only a little 7months so think is going to be a real mission once she gets any bigger!

[Modified by: Lizzie77 on July 13, 2009 01:06 PM]

• I'm in a minority then on the slings. Love our baba sling (and our bjorn carrier). Found it a godsend to get Ciaran to sleep at times, and great for popping out short distances when I didn't need the pram when he was younger.

• Great thread!

My best buys are-

Loola, whole system inc windoo carrycot and car seat. He sleeps in the carrycot in day and overnight when away for weekends.

Wooden crib, didnt buy moses and so pleased as he is happy with carrycot downstairs and crib upstairs at night.

Baby bjorn carrier.

John Lewis towelling bath support- Fan-bloody-tastic!

Muslins- Can have up to 6 in use at any one time!

Tommee Tippee manuel breast pump. Not using it anymore as Ollie wont take a bottle but in the early days when he was tiny it was invaluable. I am lucky to have a very good milk supply so could hand express 6oz in under 5mins.

Sleeping bags!

Bad buys.

Top and tail bowl- useless!

Babasling

Swaddle cloths- great idea but Ollie hates being restricted.
  • Ohh I remembered some more!!!

Best buys
    My changing bag, a storksak, it's huge but it looks like a nice handbag, not a mummy bag :lol:
    Baby carrier, obviously I'm biased but my Meitai is the best thing ever, I can still carry Millie in it and I wish I'd started making them sooner.
    Swaddlewraps, Barney used to love being tucked up in them and from birth slept in 5 hour blocks when he was wrapped up!

Worst buys
    Mamas and Papas high chair, tray was too high, took up loads of room and was ridiculously hard to clean. A pointless waste of ??100 odd
    Mothercare baby carrier, I HATE the way they just dangle by their crotch, must have used it twice for Millie and not at all for Barney
  • just remembered some more

Best buys image
    ~avent electric pump - fab when you have over 200 feeds to express in the space of 3 months, and i love it so much that my original one has broken so i bought a replacement one (off ebay) image
    ~dummies!
    ~Mothercare urban detour extreme (although it was given) sooooo comfy to push and so easy to use
    ~lindam door bouncer - Ollie loved and and MJ seems to as well
    ~Mothercare play place - well worth the ??70 as they can use it as a mat, as a closed walled nest and also as a ball pit when theyre a little older - Ollie loved it and MJ has fits of giggles in it

Worst buys:
    baby bath - easier to use bath support or the one that came on the changing unit
  • ooh what a good thread:

best buys image

Medela Swing breast pump - meant I expressed for a lot longer, and was able to give EBM rather than FF.

Graco Swing - Abby loves it, and it keeps her entertained for ages, means I can get some stuff done around the house.

Bath support - so much easier than faffing with a baby bath, or having to lean over and hold her constantly.

Tomy dreamshow (projects light show onto the ceiling - and plays a tune) - It is guarunteed to get Abby to sleep withing minutes.

worst buys:

Lindam day and night feeding system, only used it for a few weeks, and it's crap - much more effective to use a cool bag (from Matalan - ??3) and a thermos flask.

Tommee Tippee steriliser - doesn't even fit Tommee Tippee Bottles properly, it's a real puzzle trying to fit them all in (and I am stuck with the bloody thing!)
  • edited Oct 6, 2020 10:40AM

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines

• Best buys:
    BabyBjorn bouncy chair - expensive but it's easy to find a used one...
    Portage scarf by Studio Romeo
    A baby bather

Worth buys:
    BabyBjorn travel crib - expensive and the only best thing about it is how simple it is to assemble. But the crib is too low and the edges of the crib are too hight, so it's very hard to put baby to bed without hurting your back :/
  • Best buys:
    Foam play mat tiles (ensure to buy a non-toxic one suitable for babies) great for toddlers too so will last
    Electric breast pump (Tommy Tippee)
    Mothercare baby bathtub
    Nappy cream: Bepanthen for if she was irritated, Child's farm nappy cream was lighter for otherwise.
    Skin cream: Aveeno for adults, or Shea Baby Butter by Samara Faith (available on Amazon) which is 100% natural and fantastic for eczema / skin conditions.
    Travel cot (we bought a cot mattress and use this as her actual cot, softer than a cot with wooden bars)

Worst buys:
    Jumperoo - she barely used it, not worth the expense
    Cheap baby sling (Chicco) - back pain inducing
    Creams / Products: Johnsons baby lotion, Aveeno lotion for baby (smells too strong), Sudocrem nappy cream made nappy rash worse rather than better!

• edited Nov 18, 2020 5:32PM

• Best buy

- baby swing - fisher price
    - jumperoo 
    - baby snuzpod
    - sleepyhead 
    - solly baby wrap 
    -Lille baby carrier 

worst

carrycot - none of my boys will sleep in it 
    assumed due to size and made a mistake and  got a wider one and the Same result 

Tommee tippee bottles