Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Wriggly baby hitting the sides of the cot!

My son is 11 months old and has been sleeping in his cot for sometime now. He sleeps in a sleeping bag and always rolls onto his front at night. The problem is, he has recently, in the past month or so, started wriggling about loads at night so that he ends up wriggling into the side of the cot and smashing his head into the bars quite hard! He doesn't always wake up but I have noticed that he always seems to have a bruise on one side of his forehead so I think he's hitting it in the same place each time. I've thought about getting a cot bumper, but I looked at them today and they don't seem to go very far round the end of the cot and he would almost certainly wriggle down below where it reaches and find somewhere to smack his head aganst the bars! Has anyone else had this problem and if so, can you recommend a product or solution to help?!

Katy x :\(

Replies

• cant really help! but i have a simillar problem my lo wriggles up the cot and hits her head at the top. she wakes up and cries until we go and pull her back down.. not sure what to do with her either! last night though she decided to get up at 2:30 and crawl around her cot in her sleeping bag! grr... lol bless her..xxx
  • Dylan has been waking up any time betweet 2.30 and 3.30am recently and crying for ages. Sometime he cries so much we've had to get up with him eventually and bring him downstairs, where, of course, he promptly falls straight back to sleep!! Last night he woke up at 3am and screamed blue murder for an hour before suddenly stopping and falling asleep! We were doing checks every 10 minutes and he was stood up in his cot shaking the bars! x