Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

baby showing signs for weaning but only 14 weeks

2»

Replies

• This may be of some use, it shows some more signs of being ready for weaning than the ones we are commonly told.
    http://www.superbabyfood.com/chapsoli.htm

Also i wouldnt read too much in to the watching you eat. Frankie has done this for weeks. I think its more because of the colours, reflections from cutlery and the movement. Yesterday she practically stuck her face in my carrot cake she was that fascinated by it!!!!!
  • Hi,
    This is such a hard decison to make. I was desperate to get Lillith to last out till 17 weeks until I started weaning her.
    However, working with HV's I started weaning her at 14 weeks as she was taking a huge 40oz of milk a day and over 15lb-over double her birth weight.
    For the 1st week she had one 'meal' a day-only 1 teaspoon of rice mixed with her milk to very runny consistancy-we've continued to take it easy and move on and she's doing really well.
    If you can I would try and last out till at least 17weeks but seriously put your foot down with HV and raise your concerns again.
    Hopefully you can get some better answers-maybe a different 'hungry baby' milk can work-I know many people that have had to use a different hungry milk as it doesn't suit the baby like the 1st did!
    xx
  • If you think shes ready then shes ready With my first it was 4 months for weaning HV asked me why i hadnt started 2 weeks b4 she was 4 months, now its 6 months although Fraser does seem lazier with food than poppy was i dnt think i will waith the 6 months. my friend 1st was 8 wks recommended and she has done the same for her second who will be 1 in june. Gov advisory changes all the time you know your own child if shes hngry why not try her if she doesnt take to it try her agin in a few weeks. Good luck
    Nikki