Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tired SCREAMING baby !! help

I dont know what im doing wrong but during the day my baby screams and scream and screams when she's tired instead of going to sleep. I try rocking her, patting her covering her ina blanket, going in to her nursery with the black out blind but still she just fights and fights it !!!

She's 5mths old and pretty much sleeps 8pm till 8am, this morning she had 1/2 and hour nap from about 10.00 till 10.30, then will much difficulty i managed to get her to sleep from 12.30 till 2.30, and now at 4pm I thought she should really have a nap so i got her out of her bouncer chair and i just cant get her to sleep she just fights it !!!! I think she's had quite a bit sleep already today but this overtired. She rarley gives away and symptoms of tiredness like rubbing eyes and yawning!!

Any ideas on claming her !!!!

Thanks in advance !!

Replies

• Hey, hun,have u tried taking her out in her pushchair? I have a similar problem with my 4 month lo, twice today ive had to take him out in his pushchair, hes still asleep in it as we speak he too gets over tired and at the moment thats the only thing that works, he tends to stay asleep in it for a little while after we get back so i get a little peace. xxxx
  • Riley is the same when he's tired, the only way I can get him to sleep is by playing white noise music (used to be a hairdryer) and feeding him or rocking him to sleep. When we're out the house he'll fall asleep in the car or in the pushchair. x

• I think all babies must be the same!! I have to rock my lo to sleep during the day as she fights too and then doesn't sleep properly at night. I try to get out for a walk at least once a day, the fresh air seems to knock her out. On the days when she is really fighting, I lie on the sofa with her, cuddling seems to work
  • Hows things been hunnie? xx
  • Hows things been hunnie? xx