Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

poorly cat and pram disaster

A stray cat adopted me a couple of years ago and he has been missing for 3 days (nothing unusual) he came back on Sat but wouldnt come out of his kennel for 24 hours. When I finally coaxed him out with tuna he was so thin I couldnt beleive it. He ate a tiny bit and just fell asleep in the living room. Got up this morning and he has peed in the carry cot part of my pram!!! My mum took the baby for a walk yesterday and put the pram in my back room collapsed and I forgot to put it under the stairs. You have never smelt anything like it! My mum has taken it to try and clean it but to be honest I dont think I would ever be able to bring myself to put Reece in it now. The cat has never done anything like this before, and I do feel really sorry for him as he is obviously not well but I am so, so gutted! Jo x

Replies

• Options
    oh no that's awful!! does the carrycot material come off so you can wash it?? I think as long as it's had a good boil wash and get some febreze on it it should be fine... but I know what you mean about the thought of your lo going in it now.. xxxxx
  • Options
    Oh bless you jo, feel really sorry for you. Totally understand your thoughts too about not wanting to put your lo in it now. Hope you get it sorted out. xxxxx
  • Options
    thanks ladies, its all been stripped and boil washed and my mum is going to do it again tomorrow, but they sell all the quinny carry cots separate so I think I will just treat myself to a new one. The old one was dark grey because I didnt know if I was having a boy or a girl, so I think I will get the nice pale blue one now. jo x
  • Options
    hi

Really sorry to hear about your disaster. I'm afraid it sounds like your cats feeling a bit left out and the peeing thing might be because he is marking his teritory. just a thought only because before I had Aimee I got a puppy and my cat did the same but eventually with extra love she came out of herself and now Aimee the dog and the cat are all happy together.

Just thought I would tell you in case its similar to my experience.