Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

taking baby abroad at 8 weeks?

is it too young? we are thinking of taking our lo abroad for 5 days to my parents villa in spain. My parents will be coming to so will have extra help etc but im worried that my lo will be too young at 8 weeks?
Has anyone taken their baby abroad at the same age? how did u find it?

thanks x

Replies

• We were away last week with Sara (8wks) and it was fine! She slept in a borrowed travel cot and slept really well. I think if you're up for it then why not. Spain is civilised, the only thing we did differently was to use bottled water for Sara's bottles - obviously if you're bf then you don't even have to think about that!

I take it you'll be flying?? We drove, it was so easy to shove everything into the car and off we went! I bought nappies over there and wipes etc to cut down on bulk.

I would do it - the first time going away with a LO will be a little daunting no matter how old they are...it'll still be the first time!

Good luck xxx
    Liz x
  • I brought my LO back to Italy when she was 7 weeks and she loved the plane! I think it was all the fuss the cabin crew made over her, plus I think she liked the noise!!

Like liz has said just use bottled water that has a sodium level of less than 0.2g per litre. Most bottled water in Europe is. In Italy they have pics of babies on the ones that you can use, which is helpful.

Only thing I can recommend is using liquid milk and pre serilised bottles for the journeys. you can just pour and go then - thats if you are bottle feeding.

Have a great time - I am sure you LO will love the trip abroad!

Joanna
  • Thanks for your replies ladies! I've just realised my lo will actually only be 6 weeks old! I'm actually happy to take him but my hubby is such a worrier!
    Is it ok to take them before their injections? X
  • Yes I checked this...obviously you just have to follow the same 'rules' as you would at home

Joanna
  • have u got a passport yet - it took ages to get Isla passport - but they may off been because i had her in malta then had to get her passport from paris - dont ask its a crazy system any way she is flying this friday at 14 week s!! we cant wait , but im shocked at how but stuff she has and she doenst get any weight allowence boo !