Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hayfever or allergic?

Hey

Wonder if you can help?

I've always thought that Bella has hayfever, she has always had waterery eyes and she's had a snotty nose. But today made me think! I was at my friends house and her cat came to say hello to bella and put his nose near her face, within minutes her eyes were streaming. Also took her to chester zoo the other day, which was ace by the way, and her eyes were really bad and her nose was running loads, I thought it was the hay and grass they feed the animals but thinking about it maybe it was the animal hair?
We have a cat at home so would explain why she's always had a runny eye! What do you think? Hayfever or allergic? Would she get a rash if she was allergic coz she hasn't had one?

Thanks!!
Lucy and Bella

Replies

• Options
    brooke has hayfever which she has anti histamines for.. i think hayfever and allergies are all the same thing i mean hayfever is an allergy to grass or pollen etc.. brooke seems to get a bit snotty when im at my mums with the dog and cats but worse on hot days with the grass etc.. she gets really wattery red eyes really runny nose and just rubs her face all the time..

i'd go see doc and see if they can prescribe anything. brooke can have her anti histamine twice a day so if i know we are going out to the park etc i will give her it in the morning then again just before we go out ..

xxx
  • Options
    I would see the doctor if I were you - see if they have any answers! Not sure if they can give them anything for hay fever/allergies this young...I do think Gabe has hayfever as he's always been snuffly and bunged up. Doctor says it's normal and it doesnt seem to bother him in the slightest but I have thought it might be hayfever as he's always sneezed loads. xx
  • Options
    Your post has made me have a think now. I've been telling the HV about Maddy's red-rimmed, watery eyes and sneezing and asking if she's too young to get hayfever. But now I've realised that she was sneezing way back in february, one time she did 12 sneezes in a row! And I have now realised that the factor during each episode is a bloomin cat!! From birth to 3 months we lived with John, who had a cat, moved into Mum's and Maddy stopped sneezing all the time, just occassionally. And those occassions are usually when she's been at my sister's who has 2 cats!
  • Options
    Just spoke to hv and she said it sounds like she's allergic to the cat or animal hair. Don't know what to do now as we have a cat, my mum has 2 and pil have a boxer dog! Will have to banish misty to the kitchen, he doesn't go upstairs anyway so wont be too hard to keep him away. Hv said make an appt at gp and he will prescribe some piriton. Mite go and buy one of those pet hoovers now!

Poor Bella!
    Lucy
    x