Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby shower - pls help!

Hello lovely ladies

I am organising a shower for a good friend of mine but I have never been to one before!!!

Has anyone got any ideas as to what I need to do food, games, drink wise etc?!?

Thks

Replies

• Hi

My friends organised a surprise one for me a few weeks ago and it was lovely.

Food and drink wise - my stepmum did a cottage pie and there was also usually buffett food etc. Drinks either soft or people brought their own.

Games wise we played - guess the content of the nappy - basically my friend got a pack of nappies and filled them with things from the kitchen such as jam, nutella etc and people had to guess what they were filled with.

We also played guess the baby food - jars of baby food and you had to guess what they were - my nephew loved this (He is 18 months and went around eating all the jars lol)

We also played guess the nursery rhyme. My friend read a bit from different nursery rhymes and asked a question - such as how did Mary's garden grow - answer - with silver bells and cockle shells and pretty maids all in a row (I think lol)

She also got some baby bottles and filled them with juice and asked for volunteers and the winner was the first to finish the bottle (alot harder then it looked). There was also a word scrabble with various words to do with babies and pregnancy all mixed up and you had to guess what they were.

Finally there was guess the famous person as a baby/young person.

There were prizes for everyone.

They also designed baby vests for me with slogans on as a surprise.

Hope that helps
  • hello

i did the guess mums tum game, everyone got to cut a peice of string to the size they thought my belly was then each person put it round me and the one with the nearest won, this was quite funny esp with the cheeky ones who made the string big enough to go round the house!

we also played some group games with a time limit, the a-z of baby (the first group to have and a-z of baby related items and how many baby items in 2 mins, (got some very funny answers)

we also did the guess the baby food (yuck)

i had little tubes of chocolate for the winners and favours, i had some stickers done on ebay with the date and beccas baby shower on them, very cute, they were about 70p, also got some banners and balloons

mine was in the day so we just had soft drinks and i did a little buffet, we also had a cake from coso with the date and baby shower written on it

hth

becca x
  • A few ideas for you:
    Baby gift bingo where guest have abingo grid and write in each square a gift they think mum to be will get then as she opens her pressies they mark them off and when they have a full house shout I'm having a baby!
    Model baby - each guest has a piece of plasticine and has to model what they think baby will look like and mum picks her favourite.
    fabric paints and plain bibs also make a nice keepsake for gueast to design for baby.
    A little scrap book where guests can jot down advice or encouragement etc and so some craft materials to decorate (stickers etc)
    for drinks icecubes with jelly babies frozen inside where guest can shout "My waters broke" when their baby has melted its way out are cute.
    Don't be scared to ask guest to bring a plate of food or drinks to lessen the workload for you either.
    Also and lastly guess the baby part is fun. You can get some 4d scan pics from google images and crop them so guest have to guess what it is. it is amazing how many body parts look rude when cropped!

Have fun.
  • My aunt threw one for me 2 weeks ago.

First she put little plastic babies into ice cubes and gave everyone one for their drink, the first ice cube to melt and baby float to the surface won a prize.

Then she bought some tape that said, "How big is Mommy? How big is Baby?" on it and people cut a piece however big they thought my bump was (my cousins was exactly the right length!!)

She bought some stickers with pictures of bottles on them and wrote everyone name on, my cousin drew a baby (he is 7 the picture was hilarious! :lol: ) and we had to be blindfolded and pin the bottle on the baby, closest to the babies mouth won.

She asked all the guests to bring a baby photo and we all had to guess who everyone was, the person with the most correct won.

Then she bought some cards for everyone to guess the date, weight, hair colour, eye colour, sex and length of labour. I am going to contact whoever is closest when baby is born, not sure if there is a prize stashed for them.

She asked everyone to bring their favourites childrens book as a present to start a library for the baby. We got guess how much I love you, each peach pear plum, the very hungry caterpillar, dear zoo, oh dear, 3 Mr Men books, the narnia series, a winnie the poo collection and a few others. Baby has gone from having 1 book that we got free in a magazine to a whole library image , it was such a lovely idea and people wrote little messages to baby in them.

She also made a 'cake' with babygro's, muslins, bibs, blankets and a maternity/feeding top in the middle! It was amazing!

For food she did a buffet with nibbles and cup cakes and everyone had a glass of bucks fizz, most people were driving so she didn't do drinks after that just soft drinks.

She got a lot of ideas and stuff like the tape, cards for guesses etc online. The prizes were things like little toiletry sets, slipper socks, little keyrings etc.

Hope that helps

Miss I
    40+4
  • if you google baby showers there are a number of sites that sell lots of games too. i got my decorations and games from two sites and both arrived 2 days later!