Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TT Nuby cup - where can i buy online?

UPDATE: I'm trying to find somewhere online to get another cup...any ideas???

Morning ladies!

Well yesterday I finally came across the elusive nuby cup. I've been looking for one for ages as it comes so highly recommended. In the end I found it in the tiniest boots in a small village nearby - typical!!!

Well anyway it is AMAZING!!! I have been trying to get lo to drink water/milk from a cup for about 6 weeks and was having some success with the TT first cup but it came out so fast that he was being sick from gulping it down.

This morning he was being funny with his 11am breastfeed (ongoing saga) so I put some formula in the nuby cup and he drank it straight away! Only complaint is that it doesn't have measurements on it but seeing as I never know how much he takes when he BF I can cope with that!

Pointless post really but just wanted to add to the recommendations!!!

Kx

[Modified by: katstar on 05 January 2010 20:27:57 ]

Replies

• I agree the TT Nuby is amazing! We went through so many cups before Theo would drink his milk/juice from it, havent looked back since!
  • We use the Nuby for milk too.
    Ours do have measurements on though, they are just really hard to see as they're in the same colour as the cup

xxx
  • Can I ask a question about the TT Nuby please? Do babies have to bite down on the teat/spout to get their drink out of it? It's just that I have a normal TT beaker which is rubbish as ds can't keep up with the flow and ends up coughing and spluttering and also have another TT beaker which needs to be bitten down quite hard to get anything out so he just gets frustrated as he doesn't know what to do. With my problems in mind, do you think the TT Nuby is for him? xx
  • just double checked and mine definitely does not have the markings on image
  • hi katstar, i have just been searching for them online too and was about to ask if either of these are the nuby? i found them on kiddicare but they are not called nuby's on there...

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_2287_10751_-1_14052_88918_10001_14052

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_2287_10751_-1_14052_88924_10001_14052

• can i ask is this cup valved? i'm trying to find a harder spout sippy cup (not soft silicone, he's had that for ages and is ready for the hard ones) taht is big enough for his milk feeds (so 200ml+) and has markings on...all the ones i've found so far the small ones have measurement marks on but the bigger ones don't??? but i don't want a valved one, he's capable of controllong the flow himself so don't want to give him one that does it for him when he doesn't need it too. he has this one for his water but the bigger one doesn't have measurements (grrr) and i do'nt mind the spout being a slightly different shape as it'll be a difference then between milk feed and drink.....

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_349_10751_-1__80977_10001_

so in short i want one like this (free flow) but bigger and with measurements...it seems to be non existant lol

xxx

ps sorry for hyjacking ur thread xxx
  • im not much help as not sure where to buy online i just bought 4 of them from tesco reduced to ??2 each and mine dont have the markings lola-mae prefers these and ive tried about 6 others and she wont use them
    cxx
  • Siany - yes, it's valved and has a soft spout so not what you're after I don't think. We use the TT first cup (as per your link) for water but the Nuby for milk. I have found a larger version of the TT first cup in Tesco. It is identical to the first cup (freeflow) but doesn't have handles and is larger. However, I've just checked ours and there are no measurement markings either which I hadn't noticed before!

What about something like this?

http://www.boots.com/en/Amadeus-Cow-Cup-300ml_120852/

I can't tell if it has measurements on but with most valved cups, you can take the valve out so they are free flow. Could you just find a valved cup that you like the spout and measurements of and then remove the valve?

xx

Edited to say katstar is right, the Nuby is variflow but still not what you're after I don't think

[Modified by: trying4babyM on January 05, 2010 10:51 PM]

• alcott - neither of those are the right ones image

This cup is fab because it doesn't have a valve but has a variflow 'teat' on it. The teat is clear silicone but spout shaped (hope that makes sense)

This works for my lo because it has the feel of a bottle but gets him used to the shape of a spout. The variflow teat allows a small bit of fluid to come out but then by sucking they can get more...unlike the others that either drown them or they have to suck so hard to get anything out!

I'll check tesco then (when the snow clears!!!) thanks sxychick04

Siany- i dont think i've come across a larger version of that one...if i find one on my travels i'll let you know!
  • the tt explora cups have a valve? does anyone know if u can remove...now i know u 'can' but wondering if it wld just flood him...actually...it has two holes, like athe drink ole then another sort of air hole in the middle of the cup so i'm assuming milk wld come out of that too.

thannks, i've seen the cow one and it doesn't have markings....but will defintaely keep an eye out for a a valved one with a removeable valve if that makes sense. i don't understand why the bigger flip and sip (first cup) doesn't have markings? or in fact why any cups wldn't have meausrements, just doesn't make sense to me..i can't be botthered meausring it out in a jug first, and they do say u shld try to wean of teated bottles by one yr except for maybe bed time so surely i can't be the first person to have this problem? lol, but thank you anyhoo

xx
  • this is it alcott!

http://www.nuby.com/products/cups/9644.aspx

It's not a UK site though but gives you and idea what it looks like!
  • hi, yep i know the silcone spouts, thats what he's been using for milk for months now (he's 9m old) which is why he's ready for a firmer spout (btw, he was using the tesco silcone spout sipper cup, but thats completely free flow so not sure its what ur looking for)

xxx
  • you can easily remove the valve from the tt explora cups and it flows about the same as the tt first cup (i have both...any many others!!!) I tried my lo on this and he could do it but it just came too fast for him same as tt first cup.
  • yeh but the explora also has a holoe in the middle of the lid as well as in the spout so the water comes out of the top too, not just the spout. xx
  • oh that's a bit rubbish image

Maybe we should all get together and invent the 'perfect' cup!!! x
  • tesco sell it online but you have to seach through all the cups as not listed as "nuby" i dont think
    think its listde as "tip it up" cup for some reasson!
  • Thanks mel7...i've had a look but i cant find any baby cups so maybe i'm looking in the wrong place and doesn't come up when you put it in the search box.

Are you able to point me in the right direction? x
  • I could never find it online but I know the majority of boots and tescos stores do them! Interesting to see it is 10oz!

Mel7 - I think it is listed as tip it up as it is called the TT tip it up nuby cup!