Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

O/T - Cerazette

Hi ladies

Just a quick O/T question for anyone who has been on Cerazette and come off. I've been on it a few months now and this period is awful - I've been bleeding for 2 weeks now with no sign of it letting up! I've decided to come off the cerazette but was wondering if I'll stop bleeding soon now I've stopped taking it and how long till my periods return to normal?

Thanks if anyone can help!

NN x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Hun,

I was put on Cerazette to regulate my periods coz I have PCOS but I found that it done the total opposite and I would bleed for 2 weeks than have a 1 week break then bleed for 5 days etc etc so I came off it, my periods didn't return to 'normal' but I think this is more due to my PCOs than the fact I was on Cerazette.

• Options
    Hiya hun I was put on cerazette and had to change after a month and half cos messed with my head then when I googled it I read a lot about it messing up your cycles and taking a while to return to normal. I switched straight to my old pill femodette (was no longer bfing) and am now back to my normal self x
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.

Kayssis - hope you don't mind me asking but when you say messed with your head what do you mean? Do you mean literally or emotionally!? Because since I started it I've been having dizziness and really stange vision problems....

Thanks, NN x
  • Options
    G/C I was on this and it made me feel terrible, i felt very emotional the whole time I was on it and not myself at all. They then put me on cilest, which was fine for a long time but eventually gave me chronic migraines.

My peiods returned to normal pretty much straight away when i stopped taking it x
  • Options
    Hi, I went on to cerazzete but didn't know where I was with my periods and was having some bleeding more or less daily, went back to docs and I had the injection still don't know where I am with my periods but at least I don't get any bleeding everyday! x
  • Options
    hi i also had problems with ity- constant bleeding stopped about 2 weeks after stopping it. oh and my hubby said iot was like living with the devil who had pmt!
  • Options
    Emotionally- the crying devil with pmt would be pretty much a perfect description

Have you had your blood pressure checked since being on it hun? xx

[Modified by: kayssis on August 29, 2010 10:15 PM]

• Options
    Hey NN , long time no see hun, hope all is well with your lo
    I was on cerazzette, and it was making me bleed most of the month, i would go bleed free for only a couple of days, i had also postpartum depression, and basically so unhappy.
    My doctor told me to stop it and wait for one normal cycle and then start it again, actually i gave it up and started using condoms instead.
    The bleedings stopped (i think after i stopped it i had what seemed like a normal period for 6 days then stopped) and my cycles are regular now and i am happy

Hope that helped
    Love
    Renee
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies - feeling much better now knowing that it's not just me!

I am sure that my nausea got so much worse after I started Cerazette - although the nurse told me it couldn't be that....even though it says nausea as a side effect on the leaflet!

I stopped in on Friday and (touch wood) so far I've had much less nausea. Fingers crossed I start to feel a bit better once my body sorts itself out! Just hope this bleeding stops soon...

Love NN xx