Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anyone else regret.....?

2»

Replies

• Options
    I wanted to call Joseph, thomas. when he was born I could not get used to joseph and hated it. I got really upset over it.. Now he is nearly 6 and it so suits him.

I love the name Charlie but 2 of our close firends have Charlies. My OH picked it and I picked the girls name!

I love Laurens name, Chris;s and Amelias though.

HATE mine (Denise). I was supposed to be Simon if a boy and Sarah Louise. That suits me much better! People always say I look like a Sarah!!!

d xx
  • Options
    So what do people think???? Is it absolutely crazy to change your baby's name at 4 months?????? I don't think I will but just curious what you all think.
  • Options
    well i suppose it could be a little confusing for people ,and baby because at this point baby will recognise his/her name! ..i love both my childrens names ,when my dd was born we called her summer ,for 24 hours then changed it because it was so snowy and people we giving us odd looks when we told them :lol:
  • Options
    I debate this alllll the time.

My little one is called Leo - I LOVE his name.

However my family and OH were big on not having 'half' names and said he should have the choice of a longer name. So he is registered 'Leonardo' - I can barely say it out loud I hate it so much. We arent Italian and Leonardo means nothing to me other than wanting the name Leo......I still think I should change his birth ceritficate but we have ordered both passports.....I really dont know what to do??? ahhhhhhhh
  • Options
    He'll probably just always call himself Leo too and it will only come up when he gets married etc, I wonder if I'm taking it too seriously, after all we're all more than our name. By the way I love the name Leo!
  • Options
    My hubby is called Patrick Stephen but he gets called Stephen. His sister is Margaret Claire but gets called Claire and his bro is Thomas Ryan and gets called Ryan. What's the point??? It causes so much confusion when booking holidays, loans etc as we have to remember and put him down as Patrick!

I called my wee boy Jack and I still love it and he just looks like a Jack as well xx
  • Options
    i have a Lexie and a Leah and other people find it funny i have two girls that start with an L my name does too and if we have a boy we have decided on Lucas we just cant help we love these names although if we have another girl we like Kyla and Lauren so we will see what we end up with maybe we will have fallen in love with a name that doesnt start with an L lol
  • Options
    Well, we struggled with boys names throughout the pregnancy. I couldnt believe we had to think of 2! lol! I had girls names sorted!

However, I love our boys names, buuut, I get fed up of peoples reactions to them. Even today someone asked (as everyone does as soon as they see 2 babies that look the same in the same buggy! lol) and I said Alfie and Ryan and she said 'Oh, Ryan's a lovely name!' I wanted to shout SO IS ALFIE. That is the reaction we get all the time. People love Ryan as its so traditional and then struggle to understand why we chose Alfie. Truth is, Alfie was the first name we chose...Ryan was a 'Oh my God, we need another one!' name.

Oh well! xxx
  • Options
    I get really annoyed at people looking in the pram and asking about names, but for quite different reasons Nine times out of ten they say, oh he's so beautiful, what's he called and I answer she's called Tess - I know we have a blue pushchair, but she's usually in a pink snowsuit! Then they comment how unusual it is and/or ask whether it's after Tess Daly...
  • Options
    I get this too, even got it from MIL the day he was born.

My lo is called Brodie and i love his name as does hubby. However quite often we get, "oh, thats different/unusual". But more recently we even got "well the less I say about that the better!" How rude!! Dont regret calling him that though.

Oh and gemmiebaby, i LOVE the names Alfie and Ryan, Alfie was on our list of names!
    And mrs_ed Tess and Tessy were on my girls list if i hadn't had my wee boy.

xxxx