Forum home Babies Baby

Daddy always has excuses! Arrgghh

My oh always seems 2 have a reason 2 have the shortest plays with our lo.. Theres always an excuse.. My hands are 2 dirty from work, or his clothes, his arms ache, he got headache, nds 2 chk shit on comp, sunburn hurts 2 much 2 hold him.. Hes kickin too much( in ballbags) the list goes on! He will hold him 4 about 5mins and thats it! Even though he hasnt seem him all day! Ok.. Theres times he plays with him longer but there rare! And.. I seem 2 do all 4 lo, get him washed, nappies, food, drink, ready 2 go out. Oh never seems 2 know lo routine, even though i stuck it on fridge 4 him! I know he loves him, but its like he gets bored of him, or cant be bothered 2 help! Men.. Arrggh! Is it only my oh? X

Replies

• its def not just you hun. see my post from last night "why cant he be like this" on page 2. i layed it on the line to him last night. shape up or ship out! when he is more interested in the laptop than his own son its not on! he loves him but like you said theres always an excuse! xxx
  • do what im doing... book some train tickets and bugger off for a couple of days!! lol. i'm off to york tomoro morning to stay with a friend and coming back friday morning. cant wait for a break and to see if OH copes without running to my parents or his for help! i shouldnt complain as he's not half as bad as some daddies on here but none the less it'll be nice for him to see what it's like to do 24/7!!
  • good for you linzimC wish i
    had the nuts to do that.xxx
  • not me! i would happily put up with interferance now and again rather than it being asumed ill do it all the time 24/7! lol xxx
  • My oh has been working a lot lately so not spent much time with lo as I would like him too but I shouldn't complain as he's earning the money for nappies etc.
    Charlotte got her own back on Sunday though. She had a bath with him & kicked him in the nads - then she started giggling! I nearly wet myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lmao..penance!!! muhahaha! just coz hes at work hun dont let that be a reason for it. it doesnt hurt them to spend time with them. my oh works quite alot too night shifts and stuff but wen he eventually wakes up i wish he would give harrison some attention.xx
  • Tell me about it! My oh changes nappy, feeds Joshua and will bath him but when it comes to playtime he seems to last 5 mins then he sits back on the sofa. Im wondering wether he doesnt know 'how' to play with him? He's so good at everything else except playing with him! Whereas I sit on the floor like a lunatic singing all the nursery rhymes under the song making all the farm noises for his new farm etc its not like he's a baby- Joshua was 1 last week so you can actually play with him. I dont know, I suppose you cant have evrything xxx
  • Hi ladies!

I'm all for sexual equality but I think women are better at some things than men and the other way round and that's how it will always be! That's why mummy's are mummy's!!

Even before we had lo I always organised our weekends and free time! I feel like I'm bossing sometimes but oh says he likes that I take charge so he can just rely on me! This just works for us!

Although I can't cook to save my life so oh always does the cooking which my family take the piss out of me for! Not very traditional but if I did it we wouldn't eat!

I understand what you mean about not playing with them though - perhaps it's because mummy's do it well and so silly that we're a hard act to follow!!

xxx
  • Hi ladies!

I'm all for sexual equality but I think women are better at some things than men and the other way round and that's how it will always be! That's why mummy's are mummy's!!

Even before we had lo I always organised our weekends and free time! I feel like I'm bossing sometimes but oh says he likes that I take charge so he can just rely on me! This just works for us!

Although I can't cook to save my life so oh always does the cooking which my family take the piss out of me for! Not very traditional but if I did it we wouldn't eat!

I understand what you mean about not playing with them though - perhaps it's because mummy's do it well and so silly that we're a hard act to follow!!

xxx
  • all the same! mine sticks him in front of the telly! he's only 5 months!!
  • Mine lies Joseph on the floor then dances around to Guitar Hero on the x-box, though I suspect oh gets more out of it than Joseph!!
  • oh my god palmtree are we going out with the same man??? :lol:

my oh does make exuses sometimes. althou he makes more exuses why he cant do the washing more!!!!!
    the worst thing my oh does it pretend hes sleeping when sams crying
  • Im the opposite my DH loves playing with Leo he get all the toys out sits for ages, flies him round the room makes stupid noises they chase his sister etc he plays better than me, he does most things for him just as much as me but the only thing he wont do unless he has to is change a number 2 he'll do wee but no2 i get them unless he has to.
    vikki xx