Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

VBAC?

Hi im 29wks pregnant and really worried about labour. Anyone have a VBAC who can tell me what I can expect? Did you get the birth you wanted? Were you restricted on the bed under constant monitering or allowed to be free to move about? This keeps me awake sometimes wondering. Thanx xx:\?

Replies

• Hi

It depends on why you ahd c/section. You will be monitored by a ctg machine. thius doesnt mean you have to be on bed you can move around within the reach of the wires. so can sit on birth ball/ beanbag/ chair or upright lean on bed /squat.

You need to be proactive in approach and ask to move as many midwives will want you to stay on bed as easier for them.

You will need to be monitored as increase risk of scar tissue problems.

I have attended many VBAC's that have been fine. Discuss birth plan with midwife and your birthing partner, so every one clear what you want.

Hope this helps
  • Thanx for that! I dont understand why I need monitoring as the reason I had c section was pre-eclampsia. Operated about 20mins after arriving at hospital.